Slight Squeak On Left Turns/Minor Bumps/Bumpy Roads

bigred2013

Established Member
I don't know what it is. But my car has developed a "squeak" sound when turning to the left ONLY and when you hit small bumps or go down the slightest rough road. Doesn't do it when turning to the right, and quits completely when you hit the brakes.

Jacka$$es at the stealership told me "it's just where we machined the rotors", lol i'm not suspension guru, but none the less, i'm no moron either. That was over 4k miles ago so. It's nothing that affects driveability, just pisses me off to hear it.

Anyone got any info on what it may be? I'm thinking bushing on the front of the car? Seems like I remember a TSB about a certain one, just can't think of what it was!

Car IS lowered on Sportlines W/ Strange 10 Way Rears, Factory Fronts & Mounts, BMR Adj. UCA & LCA & PH BAR. I've checked all aftermarket parts, and even considered it being the factory mounts but their okay too.

bigred2013

Established Member
But why would it do it only turning to the left? I could understand if it was both ways. But that may be correct. Waiting on a reply from someone about GT500/Strange Fronts now so.

niterydr

Established Member
No idea, I have squeaking from mine too just like you describe and waiting on some MM caster/camber plates to replace them.

I never paid attention to see if mine squeak when turning both ways or just the one.

AKDMB

Established Member
I have GT500 strut mounts and Strange 10 way fronts. No problems to speak of currently. Originally I installed the strut mounts improperly (they weren't all the way down on the strut shaft) and I did have some clunking then. Once I tightened up the strut mounts further down onto the strut shaft, it was just as quiet as stock. With my steeda sport springs, and the Strange struts on the lower settings, it's more comfortable than stock. I can't speak for their performance when they are set to stiff, because I haven't got an alignment yet and don't want to drive the car anymore to find out. There are quite a few people with strange 10 way fronts and GT500 mounts. I don't know if you would be able to get the proper camber up front with the GT500 strut mounts and a 1.5" + drop with the sport lines.

If the noise you are having currently is a squeek, then it might not be your mounts. Usually people have a clunk or click sound with failing strut mounts. A squeek sounds like a bushing or something similar to that.

Last edited:

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
... Anyone got any info on what it may be? I'm thinking bushing on the front of the car? Seems like I remember a TSB about a certain one, just can't think of what it was! ...

bigred2013,

What's the year and mileage of your car?

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread