Slot Style MAF sensor Tuning?????

BRileyNV

Established Member
I just purchased a new JLT high boost intake system with a Slot style GT500 MAF sensor. My question is I know that it will have to be tuned but can I install it and run the car until I go to my local tuner? I'm also adding an Accufab throttle body and plenum. I just dont want the car to be running like crap until I see my Tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Highly unlikely it’ll run at all.

Your tuner should be able to send you a start up file meant to drive it nice and easy to the dyno

GodStang

Established Member
I believe he means it won't run without a tune. You could hit up Malcolmv8 for a remote tune, he kinda started the gt500 maf trend.

What no love? I have been running the Slot style MAF since it first came out back in 06/07!! It has done me well.

Ok great thank you!

I can't remember if HP can do remote tunes or if you will have to be hooked up to the laptop.

HPTuners

Established Member
I can't remember if HP can do remote tunes or if you will have to be hooked up to the laptop.

Yes, as long as the tuner has the HP Tuners software you can email files back and forth. The vehicle only needs to be licensed on the device that is used to write the file to the car. You will still need to be hooked up to the car with a laptop to write the file.

BRileyNV

Established Member
Yes, as long as the tuner has the HP Tuners software you can email files back and forth. The vehicle only needs to be licensed on the device that is used to write the file to the car. You will still need to be hooked up to the car with a laptop to write the file.
My tuner said HP tuners were having some small issues with some of the tuning software, do you know if these issues have been resolved

HPTuners

Established Member
My tuner said HP tuners were having some small issues with some of the tuning software, do you know if these issues have been resolved

Not sure which issues he may have been talking about, our support team handles tickets throughout the day for various issues and they get handled fairly quick.

Users who are viewing this thread