Slotted and cross drilled rotor question.

GHIG'13

Established Member
So I bought a set of black slotted and cross drilled rotors for my 2014 Brembo GT. Went to put them on today and the fronts are only 13 1/8",whereas the factor ones are 13 7/8". My question is will they still work or should I just send them back? I really don't like the idea of having 3/8" less rotor for the pads to engage but I could just be over thinking it. Thanks.

86Fbody

Established Member
I would send them back, less braking surface and you'll get a weird wear in the pads.

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
OP, So what brand do we need to stay away from?

This, plus I would think twice about buying cross drilled rotors that aren't cast with the holes already in them. May look nice for awhile until you start seeing all of the stress fractures.

kingnut

Established Member
send them back and tell them you didnt order civic rotors.

kingnut

Established Member
Damn good prices and lifetime warranty is awesome. Thanks for the link.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
^ those are pretty good prices. Anybody running them?
There was another guy on here that bought some for his wife's Flex, and from the reviews there are a lit of people with other performance cars, some being heavy ass Challengers who actually track them, and are loving them.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
So I bought a set of black slotted and cross drilled rotors for my 2014 Brembo GT. Went to put them on today and the fronts are only 13 1/8",whereas the factor ones are 13 7/8". My question is will they still work or should I just send them back? I really don't like the idea of having 3/8" less rotor for the pads to engage but I could just be over thinking it. Thanks.

Not to be a dick, and I think you already decided to send them back, but its 3/4" not 3/8". Big difference

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Not to be a dick, and I think you already decided to send them back, but its 3/4" not 3/8". Big difference
You are thinking overall diameter. There will be 3/8" less rotor on each side. Your calipers only cover one side of the rotor, so he is correct that it's 3/8" less.

GHIG'13

Established Member

99mstng

Established Member
Hmm they actually show a front for the 13 GT500 too - no dimension details though so I can't tell if they are 15" or not . . . was debating on a 6 piston brembo swap this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread