Slow car racing results in my death.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Was rolling home via Mexico tonight. While I was threading my way through all the idiots that like to drive 15mph under the limit I noticed an IS350 on rims that was tailing me pretty hard. We swapped places a couple of times due to traffic before lining up at a red light. I figured he was going to go and sure enough he did. He got the jump on me due to my cowardice in launching my car hard (Bugeye WRX), I made a bit up through first gear, but he would gain some ground on each one of my shifts. He had a little under half a car on me by the time we shut it down at 100. I figure if I wasn't such a bitch about scattering my tranny and he hadn't been an auto I would have fared better. I rolled down my window to ask him if he had any mods but he didn't want to talk I guess. :shrug:

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Sounds like you need to stop being a bitch and shift the **** out of that car.

lol

I shift it pretty hard, but I'd already hurt 3rd in this car a little bit and a new trans out of a wreck (Ver.VIII trans) is over $4K with the parts I need to make it happen. I'm a LOT meaner in my LX with it's MGW and TKO. Course if I had been in it I wouldn't have had any trouble with him.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
lol

I shift it pretty hard, but I'd already hurt 3rd in this car a little bit and a new trans out of a wreck (Ver.VIII trans) is over $4K with the parts I need to make it happen. I'm a LOT meaner in my LX with it's MGW and TKO. Course if I had been in it I wouldn't have had any trouble with him.

I was just messin with ya :beer:

T56 Magnum time!

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I was just messin with ya :beer:

T56 Magnum time!

I dont think they make a T56 for a WRX........

I want a Version 8 or equivalent trans out of a JDM STi, then I can launch the piss out of the car without scattering it all over the road.

I drive an ES350 sometimes, and they've got some pep. I'm not shocked.

I thought it was an IS250 at first, which I shouldn't have any trouble with. I'm on a 20 PSI tune with a STi TMIC and full exhaust. I'm still running a stock turbo though. So it's a little quicker then your standard Bugeye, but not fast by any means.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I thought it was an IS250 at first, which I shouldn't have any trouble with. I'm on a 20 PSI tune with a STi TMIC and full exhaust. I'm still running a stock turbo though. So it's a little quicker then your standard Bugeye, but not fast by any means.
It's fwd, but still my car is rated at 14.1-2 at 101mph. They aren't slouches by any means. The IS250s are garbage. You'd put bus lengths on one.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
no Im in upland I think I met u when i had my gt at that dalton's show with mike when that guy with the v6 mustang thought he was cool

Is that the show that the guy with the SN95 GT and I took home a trophy? That was the only time I was up at Dalton's.

I misread the part about you being in your WRX, disregard T56 comment lol.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Your bug eye must be pretty fast! IS350 are no slouches either given for what they are, a bug eye stock or even mildly modded are slow as ish.

For you to keep up like that without launching, it was pretty good.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Your bug eye must be pretty fast! IS350 are no slouches either given for what they are, a bug eye stock or even mildly modded are slow as ish.

For you to keep up like that without launching, it was pretty good.

Thanks, I'm not much of a driver either. I thought I lost to a 250 at first. So you can imagine my disappointment. lol

Poppacapp

Established Member
Just a note, as I own one.. the IS350's are not really mod'able. Only thing you can do is a cold air intake, and exhaust. At the most 8-10hp. Anything more isn't worth the time. The ECU on these things is locked down tight, so any attempts at forced induction etc will fail due to not being able to tune. They did have a supercharger kit for them, but they only made 40whp.. not worth the trouble or cost.

That being said... they are fairly surprising for what they are, and will give some "faster" cars a butthurting if not taken seriously.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Just a note, as I own one.. the IS350's are not really mod'able. Only thing you can do is a cold air intake, and exhaust. At the most 8-10hp. Anything more isn't worth the time. The ECU on these things is locked down tight, so any attempts at forced induction etc will fail due to not being able to tune. They did have a supercharger kit for them, but they only made 40whp.. not worth the trouble or cost.

That being said... they are fairly surprising for what they are, and will give some "faster" cars a butthurting if not taken seriously.

That's a shame. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread