Small gator found in Florida....

obZidian

Established Member
This little guy was found with a small snack cruising for girls at the local hangouts.

BIGGATOR1.jpg

Apparently, he was in a no-loitering zone and got spotted by the local 5-0. (Helicopter and Game wardens on the ground)

BIGGATOR2.jpg

He got punked (shot) and setup by the locals so the rest of his buddies can see what happens when they put money down on a race and don't pay up!

BIGGATOR3.jpg

28ft. long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or so they say....

Here is the info I got with the email.

Now that is what I call a gator!!

These first 2 pictures were taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Thomas , Winter Haven , Florida . The helicopter pilot and the game wardens on the ground were in communication via 2-way radios.
Here is a transcript of their conversation.
'Air1, have you a visual on the gator, Over'
'Approaching inlet now, Over'
'Roger Air1'
'Gator sighted. Looks like it has a small animal in its mouth....moving in, over'
'Roger Air1'
'Oh Crap it's a Deer!'
'Confirm Air1.. Did you say Deer?, Over'
'Roger.........a Deer in it’s mouth....looks like a full sized buck....that's a big gator, boys. We're gonna need more men, Over'
'Roger Air1.....can you give me a idea on size of animal, over'
'Its a big one.....25 feet at least, please advise, gator is heading to inlet....do I pursue?, over'

That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth!
The deer was later found to be a mature Stag.
If you ski at the west end of the lake ---- try not to fall overboard.

This alligator was found between Lakeland and Winter Haven Florida near the house of Anita and Charlie Rogers, who could hear the beast bellowing in the night.
Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.
'I didn't believe it,' Charles Rogers said, but after the alligator was killed, they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.
Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator. Joe Goff, a 6'5" tall game warden, shown below, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch long alligator that he helped shoot and kill in the Rogers ' back yard.

Seriously, that's a huge gator! Even they are small (6-8ft.) they have been known to go after humans especially if they are used to being feed by humans and loose their "nature" fear of us. (BS!)

Anyone ever saw that OLD SCHOOL MOVIE about a huge gator in the sewers? Well, I think they caught the guy!

As a side note, who do you think would win in a fight... this gator or a equal length great white? I think the great white has the upper hand but what do y'all think?

RedfireSVT

Established Member
wow last time this was posted it was in texas and i was waiting on the '03cobras to come out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love this snippet from the pilot conversation log. "that's a big gator, boys. We're gonna need more men, Over."

LOL!

wma8706

Established Member
thats a big gator but far far from 28 ft! largest gator on record was a little over 19 ft. Any croc/gator over 16ft would be enormous. The largest living crocs in the world today.... would have a hard time approaching that dimension.

Users who are viewing this thread