Small run with a "Roush" and a turbo "P-51 Mustang" :)

obZidian

Established Member
Nothing crazy really.

It was a quick 1st gear blast through 3rd (40-110mph) with looked like an official Roush car (white w/body kit and exhaust) but this car definitely sounded like it was a centrifugal car, not a blower. It definitely had a front mount peeking through the bumper. Actually, I cannot confirm this yet but I think it's the same stang I've seen for sale with a front mount at this local dealer. We'll see.

Anyways, I walked it out!! Sorry guys. :)

The tires were really cold so all through 1st I spun NASTY and slide across to the far right lane. Slammed 2nd, ripped about two cars, threw 3rd and ended it quickly when I saw him hit the brakes.

Not fair, I know... but since it was blown and he was insistent on letting me know that he had "game" I thought it might of been a sweet run. Guess not. :) No thumbs up, no head nod, nothing. Just his girl looking at me through the tints like WTF. lol.

With the "P-51."

I call it a P-51 because it was a white 2009-ish stang with a kit and it had the typical P-51 mustang (my pops flew them) shark mouth painted on the left and right front fender. It also had some other graphics but the gauge pod I figured it had game. We, miraculously, lined up at a light and I look over. The guy obviously thinks he has me in the bag so he rev's. The turns green and I wait. We take off slowly but not because he wants to but because he is brake boosting. I was ready in 1st (tires a bit warmed this time) and wait for him to go. He goes and I rip through 1st. I yank a solid car. Slam second and walk it out!!!! This one was pretty nasty. I hooked all through 2nd so the car just hooked and booked. :)

Again, sorry guys! I know this is a stang site. :)

The P-51, after the "run", started to trail next to me and I thought he wanted to go again from a roll but all he kept doing was getting into boost and blow-off. No homo. :) I let him get in front and he got into it. I was in 3rd ( @ 70mph aprox. 3000rpms) and went about 75% throttle... I stayed right behind him.

I did hear it shutter through the powerband so it's was probably not running at 100% but not matter, a P-51 for breakfast and a Roush for dinner, a good day for grilling! :) The jets won but not a clean win.... one bad secondary defense call and that is all it takes. Close game. Henne is starting to wake up.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
nice kill. I used to have a bad taste in my mouth for most mustang owners because most guys I know with mustangs are douches, but after coming here and buying a stang I realize that's not true.

obZidian

Established Member
Well, you'll find those "douches" in all sorts of cars... i know of one that drives a c6 z06 and he's a special kind of douche. :)

Hey, you drive a Roush! Those cars are all PDS supercharger cars right? Did Roush ever produce a centrifugal kit for the 'stangs?

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
Im pretty sure they didnt make a centrifugal S/C roush

That's what I'm think. It was definitely a centi though, that bov/blower whistle (more of a shutter than a turbo's constantly decreasing whoosh) is unmistakeable.

But kinda cool seeing two blown stangs in the same day.... just wished they would of put up more of a fight. You get lazy with the shifts when the competition is not on par.

obZidian

Established Member
Saw the white Roush today... parked at a local motel! :) HAHAHAHA! I guess he's paying off this debt! :)

Users who are viewing this thread