smog block off plates?

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
anyone know where i can get some kind of smog tube block off plates to block the holes on the backs of the cylinder heads? i saw some threaded plugs on ebay but i'm not sure if they will just thread right in or what?

CJK440

Established Member
5.0 has threaded ports for air injection. Not sure where to get them but I think they are a standard thread size.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
those holes are actually threaded and are the same thread as a spark plug. take a spark plug to the hardware store or Lowes/Home Depot and find one that matches. A size that was suggested on another forum was 5/8-18. chase the holes first or you'll have a heck of a time threading a bolt into them because of the carbon buildup.

Last edited:

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
The spark plug mod trick has been around forever. It also works grate. Just brake the rest of the spark plug off after installing

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
The spark plug mod trick has been around forever. It also works grate. Just brake the rest of the spark plug off after installing

i guess i will have to see if it fits. the smog plugs i bought look bigger than a spark plug. if they fit i guess i'll just throw some silicone around the threads and break them in.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I just figured out the thread size and went down to my local bolt store and bought 2 bolts that were 3/4" in depth as I recall.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread