Smog... please help!

usaf_branham

Established Member
Does anyone know of any tricks to get the o2 sensor & o2 heater monitors to set? I have done the drive cycle around 8 times, put over 100 miles on the car, varied the types of driving, took it easy on it, and beat the snot out of it. My evap monitor hasn't set, but it was set before I flashed it with the current tune with rear o2's enabled so I think its just a matter of time.

My car is procharged (H.O. Kit, D1SC, stage 2 IC) with stainless power long tube headers, high-flow cats, and factory connect delete (its full 3 inch through the magnaflow competition cat back). It is a tuner kit with ID1000's, a VMP BAP, and is running a custom tune. When I ordered the tune, I asked for it to be emissions legal but the tuner disabled my rear o2's anyway... unfortunately, I didn't discover this until I ran it through smog 2 weeks before my registration expires. I am hosed if I don't get the monitors set by Tuesday.

The tuner is working with me and sending me adjusted tunes back and forth in an attempt to get it to set, but if it doesn't, I don't know what exactly I am going to do. I will probably have to buy a stock catifold setup off of ebay and buy a new mid-pipe with factory connects, tear out my headers, and hope that the monitors set with the stock cat-forward setup. Before I do that, I am going to take it a dyno shop in my local area to see if they can tune it to within specs. I just don't want to drop that kind of money on a new tune or the stock parts and take the time to swap everything back in my garage. FML... my '04 passed just fine with longtubes and a catted mid-pipe... why does this coyote have to be so finicky!

Any words of advice will be highly appreciated.

PC03GT

Established Member
Just did my emissions, I have a vortech, and longtubes. It's all in the tune buddy, don't worry about it.

PC03GT

Established Member
Get the right tune and put some miles on that thing, I put a good 200+ miles on it before I went thru.

Users who are viewing this thread