Smoked an Acura NSX tonight

SouthernCobra

Established Member
I just wanted to say I smoked an Acura NSX tonight in my '03 Cobra. Have any of you guys ever raced one? My car has Magnaflow cat backs with no other mods. :D

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthernCobra
I just wanted to say I smoked an Acura NSX tonight in my '03 Cobra. Have any of you guys ever raced one? My car has Magnaflow cat backs with no other mods. :D
Congrats you just beat a 14 second slug:rollseyes

SouthernCobra

Established Member
The website above has the Acura is a 13 second car and 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. I realize the Cobra is quicker anyway, but still a great sight to see such a fast LOOKING car in the rear view mirror.

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
I've outrun one (owned by a bud at work) from a dig up to the high side of 3rd gear (around 115)................ without any need for a blower and on stock 3.27 gears..
;-)
They're formidable competition against an N/A car in the higher RPM's or triple digit speeds though.:eek:

Wicked

Established Member
I work for Honda and have driven many NSX's. I will still say that they are not as fast as my car or most on this board and are seriously overpriced. My cost is 75000, 14000 off. :)

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
like someone said up top, they shine at triple digit speeds and their handilng is nothing short of superb.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
LOL guys i cant believe some of you didnt catch this, on that website the guy posted witht the nsx stats they rated the viper in that comparison as #1, LOL look what they had to say:
"If you're in a Viper and some punk in a "fast" car pulls up next to you, revving his motor, don't even look over. Just drop the hammer.
If you're driving a Viper, nobody can touch you. You're the King of the Street. Ruler of Red Lights. You're driving the absolute quickest car anybody can buy–a 450-hp rocket that runs the quarter-mile in 12.08 seconds at 118.51 mph." :rollseyes

Ahaha with that kind of attitude no wonder most people who own cars like this are morons, i hope they dont run against a 30 thousand dollar chiped and pullied cobra because their egos will be slightly deflated.:lol1:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by elmo0244
nice kill thats 80,000 car i bet that guy felt bad he spent that much on a honda.

sorry man, he didn't feel bad in the least, unless he's an idiot. That car would waste us in the twisties... not every single performance car is built for drag and drag isn't the only measure of performance. Granted, the NSX is slightly underpowered, still beautiful and amazing...

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
sorry man, he didn't feel bad in the least, unless he's an idiot. That car would waste us in the twisties... not every single performance car is built for drag and drag isn't the only measure of performance. Granted, the NSX is slightly underpowered, still beautiful and amazing...
amen :bowdown:

but personally i still think that the nsx is overpriced. but then again . . . higher price = more rare = more exotic = more wow factor

bskinner

brian,
where were yall at? you were supposed to call about this clifford alarm the guy is cutting a pretty good deal on a group buy.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good kill on the high priced car. Hear it a lot, yada, yada, yada nsx. I don't need a road racer, more my taste is a cruiseable street brawler. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread