Smoked headlights

FVEOH69

Established Member
I have a 2012 black GT with stock headlights(not HID). I came across these and i think they are new. They are regular Headlights but are smoked out. You choose your bulb. I was thinking silverstar ultras. Not only to increase visibility but I think they look cool. I cant find pictures on a mustang, but what do you think? Cheapest i found was about $170 for the pair.
yhst-25962240138714_2248_595993034

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
will prolly get moisture inside, and turn yellow quick.
they will look good for a couple weeks.... if you dont break the cheap plastic tabs while installing.
i plan on doing a halo install on my factory light.
you have to put them in an oven to weaken the glue. split in half. then i was gonna do tthe black out of the chrome and install halo's

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
You can find them on ebay for 150 shipped. I've been debating these for a couple months. Just can't bring myself to be a guinea pig for something insignificant when I'm trying to get my car track worthy for the end of april...

FVEOH69

Established Member
do they shine tru good??
i was gonna do that for now. but dont want to be blinded at night.

I have these on my car now and they deffinitley decrease your vision at night. But they do look good and are pretty near perfect fit.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
well i bought a set of these same lights OP posted last week. Should be here in a few days and ill update with some pics.

FVEOH69

Established Member
You can find them on ebay for 150 shipped. I've been debating these for a couple months. Just can't bring myself to be a guinea pig for something insignificant when I'm trying to get my car track worthy for the end of april...

Thanks, I just saw that on Ebay! I may have to be the guinea pig. Since there not HID, i really dont see a concern about them lasting. They reuse all factory wire harness and whatever bulb you put in there. Only like someone mentioned before about moister? $150 shipped might be worth a try and il keep my receipt and box just in case haha.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Thanks, I just saw that on Ebay! I may have to be the guinea pig. Since there not HID, i really dont see a concern about them lasting. They reuse all factory wire harness and whatever bulb you put in there. Only like someone mentioned before about moister? $150 shipped might be worth a try and il keep my receipt and box just in case haha.

i'll be keeping my box and receipt also lol im just going to reuse the stock bulbs for now.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I actually think the lights look pretty nice, but quality will be the culprit. Might not be a bad idea to run a fresh bead of silicone around the housing seam before installing to cut down on any poor bonding areas letting moisture in. I like the fact they look factory minus being smoked and have a clear reflector.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
There are "Ricey" aftermarket options out there when it comes to headlights, but I loathe the stock non-HID headlights I have. After much research and deliberation, I decided to go the Raxioms and HID conversion from Stangmods....I don't think they are as Ricey as some of the others, and I will not be hooking up the 3 led's in each assembly...I think that is what makes them rice.

Users who are viewing this thread