Smoking Tire Cobb Stage 2 video

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
man that's sweet. I just hit 1000miles. now I need to save for some mod money. simple bolt ons gain great over the power band

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Already have the AP and CAI, just waiting for the intercooler and new map release!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Definitely impressive! Can't wait for them to release these parts!

Who knows what's in store with a downpipe as well :)

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
ATP just released their bolt on intercooler, may jump on theirs if COBB doesnt ramp up production soon!

c. love

Established Member
I really wonder if the FMIC is that restrictive and needed. I havent looked at the inlet or outlets but the intercooler seems like the last thing I would be doing. I guess IF i were to ever modify mine beyond a few things I would get the tune and intake see where that gets me. Then replace the crummy IC piping then a downpipe before I ever replaced the FMIC. Maybe the FMIC is that bad or perhaps Ford has it plummed to make TQ. IDK seems like an expensive waste to me

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I really wonder if the FMIC is that restrictive and needed. I havent looked at the inlet or outlets but the intercooler seems like the last thing I would be doing. I guess IF i were to ever modify mine beyond a few things I would get the tune and intake see where that gets me. Then replace the crummy IC piping then a downpipe before I ever replaced the FMIC. Maybe the FMIC is that bad or perhaps Ford has it plummed to make TQ. IDK seems like an expensive waste to me

ATP has said that the intercooler becomes a restriction pretty quickly. After a single pull the factory intercooler can't really keep up and IAT's go through the roof, restricting power. On a back to back pull with their IC vs the stock, IAT's were 99* vs 170*. I'd say it's a worthwhile investment, especially when with the stock setup you're not getting consistant power.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im still waiting for a kit that replaces the piping with high OEM quality parts

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Im still waiting for a kit that replaces the piping with high OEM quality parts

They've also stated that unless youre going bigger turbo, the charge piping doesnt offer much in terms of gains for the money. If you go BT, the hotside piping has a fair amount of bottlenecks.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They've also stated that unless youre going bigger turbo, the charge piping doesnt offer much in terms of gains for the money. If you go BT, the hotside piping has a fair amount of bottlenecks.

So then why would you gain with a bigger FMIC if you still running stock piping?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
So then why would you gain with a bigger FMIC if you still running stock piping?

Not enough surface area to dissipate heat pull after pull/ineffective core would be my guess. And at 200whp or less (typical stage 1&2 #'s) the restrictions in the hot side aren't enough to impede velocity, according to ATP.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not enough surface area to dissipate heat pull after pull/ineffective core would be my guess. And at 200whp or less (typical stage 1&2 #'s) the restrictions in the hot side aren't enough to impede velocity, according to ATP.

That makes little more sense.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
With those mods I wonder how it would do against a Focus ST.

Tough to say, the FiST has a pretty good weight advantage (27XXlbs vs 3200ish). The stage 2 setup should be good for high 13's all day in the high 90mph zone.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
The weight advantage is huge. I raced a stock FoST just a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did. From about 40-90 basically even, after that he would slightly start to pull away. Not a trainwreck like I was anticipating lol

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
The weight advantage is huge. I raced a stock FoST just a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how well it did. From about 40-90 basically even, after that he would slightly start to pull away. Not a trainwreck like I was anticipating lol

Nice man! Your car stock?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
These things impress me more and more all the time. It picked up a ton of torque, I wonder how they will do on E-85.

Users who are viewing this thread