Snake People

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I've found my fair share of black widows around my house, as those are easy to spot, but i don't know much about snakes. Any clue as to what this little guy is?

2012-06-27_19-52-52_939.jpg

2012-06-27_20-01-29_980.jpg

94venomV8

Established Member
it does look like a water snake but those are similar to some water moccasins, if you could get close enough what do the eye's look like? Are the pupils round or vertical slits like a cat eye? I've seen water moccasin that look just like that, only way to truly tell is by the eye, if it is "cat like" be very careful as that is a poisonous snake and youngsters like that don't have good control of their venom glands and can pump a lot of venom when they bite so they are just as dangerous.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
gunna agree with everybody else. some close up face shots would have helped a lot but i think it's a water snake as well

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
if I am not mistaken, baby moccasins have that kind of pattern and when they mature, the pattern is much more hidden by the dark color.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
The little guy is a Midland watersnake (Nerodia sipedon pleuralis), which is a harmless species. The larger, dead snake is a cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorous); this is a dangerously-venomous species.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
The little guy is a Midland watersnake (Nerodia sipedon pleuralis), which is a harmless species. The larger, dead snake is a cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorous); this is a dangerously-venomous species.

Thought so.

My friend picked it up by the neck before he killed it. More balls than me. He had it pinned down before he grabbed it though. Chopped its head off.

IShb3w

Established Member
that's a brown recluse dude, fkn RUN!

but naw, capture it and release it if you can since it's a venomless harmless snake. oooor keep it as a pet?

Users who are viewing this thread