CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never heard of that happening. You're going to need to try to determine how it happened, I guess. What do mean by "pops off"? Stripped threads? Did it come off the bracket? Did the bracket bolt snap?

MG0h3

Established Member
Curious as well. The bolt is holding the bearing. Pulley is press fit onto the bearing.

Did the pulley come off the bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Pics I'll post in morning but here's the deal, I hear a weird whine from the engine bay sounds abnormal obviously so when I get home, I see my 90mm aux idler pulley is missing

Because it's gone, my belt is literally now rubbing on the side of the metco aluminum aux aftermarket block... Hence the whining sound

And... I look down and my 90mm pulley is resting between the radiator and one of those small support brakets... Literally down near the bottom of the radiator

I look at it and both bearings are still in it... The cap and bolt that hold this onto the aux bracket are no where to be found

Again... Wtf!!

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like the bolt backed out then. The bolt holds the inner race of the bearing. Unless the bearing came apart it sounds like he bolt backed out.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The bolt may have backed out due to a beating locking up. Check the idler bearings when you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Pics attached
10e2fe04cc520437ced3b8abd3145d6b.jpg
a204ce25cec80609e5377bf51721c71c.jpg

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Kind of just looks like the bolt backed out. I doesn't look like the idler mount is messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah the bolt backed out. Need to use some Loctite. You will probably need to get a new mount as it looks like the belt "sanded" one side flat. Don't think the pulley will roll correctly on that surface now.

Call Metco. Every time I have worked with them they have bent over backwards to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread