So I bought my first SVT and it's a Terminator

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
WTH is a termi?

Any pics of the car in its current state?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
For everything there is to know about the car with a ton to download and then some - if you are in to actually reading -----> www.terminator-cobra.com

Have a Whipple on mine as well and the manual from them is in there with lots more detail. You can also download the real Ford service manual - highly advised.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
interesting how with all those hard-core chassis and suspension modifications done for competitive road racing, your uncle kept the stock wheel and tire size. they must perform pretty well...

svt must have known what they were doing!

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
AWESOME!!

It's wonderful to see when these cars stay in the family. As well as when they create new members to our SVT family!!

Comgrats!!

Talleywacker

Established Member
interesting how with all those hard-core chassis and suspension modifications done for competitive road racing, your uncle kept the stock wheel and tire size. they must perform pretty well...

svt must have known what they were doing!

Well the IRS ran hot as did the motor, he made everything bigger, radiator, cooling mod, suppose to be a larger intercooler under the blower and the fluidyne heat exhanger, ran coolers on the trans and the IRS. He finally got the car really dialed in and now he's 65 and doesn't feel like spending 4k every time he goes for a weekend of racing. He literally would burn up a set of hoosiers in one day would need two sets to get through the weekend. Same thing for pads and rotors. He said the stoptech rotors actually lasted a full 5 weekends before needing replaced. He originally went to the R setup but those would get burned up quick too.

On the rear he did complain the wheel hubs don't last period. I told him the only option was some billet spindles with race hubs but he didn't want to go that far with it. He always tells me the car was the fastest thing out there outside of the few dedicated track cars that were stripped or an occasional corvette. Nothing else would touch him.

The tire size he did run a 19" for awhile too. I don't know exactly what all comes with the car but he does have ALL oem parts down to bolts properly labeled and also includes the 3 extra sets of wheels/tires he used during his racing. I'll find out all the goodies this June.

I hope I can continue what he started and take it to COTA and keep the car doing what it does best. I'll end up dragging it more but I refuse to change the suspension. It'll be a road racing streetable dragster weekend warrior does everything great just as SVT intended it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread