So, I did the Bronco thing

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Minor update. The old radio crapped out, so I replaced it with a new Sony unit.

20220513_154506.jpg

20220513_154754.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Minor update. The old radio crapped out, so I replaced it with a new Sony unit.

View attachment 1748680

View attachment 1748681

Don't you love the old swing out triangle windows? My AC has a leak at the moment that I haven't had time to fix yet so that is my primary AC at the moment and it is amazing! If you're wearing shorts it will blow air right up there keeping your goods nice and cool. AC in these trucks is no joke though. I recharged it a while ago and was doing some testing with a thermometer and I ran the sensor wire a few inches down the vent and I was seeing temperatures as low as 38 degrees! That's normally way too cold but we looked it over and everything was checking out in the system and so it was working properly.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Don't you love the old swing out triangle windows? My AC has a leak at the moment that I haven't had time to fix yet so that is my primary AC at the moment and it is amazing! If you're wearing shorts it will blow air right up there keeping your goods nice and cool. AC in these trucks is no joke though. I recharged it a while ago and was doing some testing with a thermometer and I ran the sensor wire a few inches down the vent and I was seeing temperatures as low as 38 degrees! That's normally way too cold but we looked it over and everything was checking out in the system and so it was working properly.

As far as I'm aware the AC was still on its original factory charge in my truck. My uncle never serviced the system, neither had I, and that is accounting from 2002 until last year when I sold it still working. probably the coldest aircon out of any car I've ever owned.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member

I do have those same windows. I replaced the seals, glass and the handle on those windows recently.

Agreed on the AC. Its crazy cold!

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
The old 240 Air Conditioning! Open both vent wings and go 40!

Have them in a few vehicles, really works well to keep you cooler without AC.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Pretty nice! How did you get the Bronco lettering and image? I'm not familiar with aftermarket radio units.

In the settings, there's a section where you can choose from pre-uploaded background images, or you can import your own from USB. I grabbed that Bronco logo from Fords website and uploaded it.

andymarkv

Established Member
NICE update!!
But what the hell?!?....Why no exhaust yet? lol!!
I'm super curious to hear what you think of the sound quality of that system.(Or if you need to "tune" the cats to get the sound you want)
Also interested to see if an aftermarket system will tuck the exit a little higher. The factory exit point of that era always looks like the exhaust is falling off!

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
NICE update!!
But what the hell?!?....Why no exhaust yet? lol!!
I'm super curious to hear what you think of the sound quality of that system.(Or if you need to "tune" the cats to get the sound you want)
Also interested to see if an aftermarket system will tuck the exit a little higher. The factory exit point of that era always looks like the exhaust is falling off!

Haha! Hopefully soon. The box is collecting dust in my shop currently. I'm in a small town and having a hard time finding someone to put it on.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'll try to post a video of my exhaust so you can hear it. It's one of the best sounding exhausts I have heard for an older truck I think. It's loud but it never annoys me when I'm driving.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
I dropped the Bronco off last night for an overheating issue I've been dealing with.

Sometimes it will run really warm, like pull over and turn it off warm. If I turn on the Vent and the heat, it cools off immediately and runs fine until the next cold start.

Then sometimes, like yesterday, it took forever to heat up. I drove it 20 miles and it wasn't even warmed up yet.

Not sure what is going on there.

I also dropped off the Gibson exhaust, and they will bolt it up.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I dropped the Bronco off last night for an overheating issue I've been dealing with.

Sometimes it will run really warm, like pull over and turn it off warm. If I turn on the Vent and the heat, it cools off immediately and runs fine until the next cold start.

Then sometimes, like yesterday, it took forever to heat up. I drove it 20 miles and it wasn't even warmed up yet.

Not sure what is going on there.

I also dropped off the Gibson exhaust, and they will bolt it up.

Mine runs really cool from what I have observed. Temperature gauge always sits right at the 1/4 mark basically. Wonder if someone put a different t-stat in or if it has an issue.

OX1

Established Member

Now that we bring this up. That might have been the last vehicle on the planet (certainly the US) still made with them.

What else had em? I was thinking the full size vans seemed to be the last vehicle updated for ford, but 1997 didn't have them.

What about dodge full size vans? Yup, had them at least up to 2003.

Bronco probably was the last Ford to have them anyway.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Now that we bring this up. That might have been the last vehicle on the planet (certainly the US) still made with them.

What else had em? I was thinking the full size vans seemed to be the last vehicle updated for ford, but 1997 didn't have them.

What about dodge full size vans? Yup, had them at least up to 2003.

Bronco probably was the last Ford to have them anyway.

1998 F-Super Duty and 1999 Ford Medium Duty.

Users who are viewing this thread