So i had the cobra dynoed....

04LSKILLER

Established Member
And I was shocked at the numbers it put down!! Bone stock 04 Cobra with 38,000 miles on it put down 409 hp and 380 tq in 72 degree weather!!!!! :banana::banana: I got the graph and working on getting it posted. What u guys think, BS??

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
you sure its stock? That dont sound like stock numbers at all, ive heard of factory freaks but thats almost 50 RWHP more than stock? Well if it is stock congrads! That'll be a kick ass car once you start throwing some money at it

04LSKILLER

Established Member
Yeah, its stock! From the paper airfilter to the supercharger belt guard! I didnt believe it at first.... Here ya go!

scan0002.gif

TrickStang37

Established Member
SAE would have been ~398-399 rwhp. have you owned it since new? maybe it has a tune. did you ice it down? what engine temp was the car dyno'ed in? with that much power, you should be trapping 114-115's or so. have you taken it to the track? could be an optimistic dyno too, what were some other notable cars that dyno'ed?

Last edited:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Last edited:

04LSKILLER

Established Member
SAE would have been ~398-399 rwhp. have you owned it since new? maybe it has a tune. did you ice it down? what engine temp was the car dyno'ed in? with that much power, you should be trapping 114-115's or so. have you taken it to the track? could be an optimistic dyno too, what were some other notable cars that dyno'ed?

Naw, im the second owner and he said it just sat in the garage. Can I prove it?? no i cant, so I just took his word for it. Did not ice it down, cant tell you the exact temp of the engine cause it was just 3 pulls with air/fuel. The guage was in the middle so it was at operating temperature. I will be running it down the track on the 28th so I will let you know then.

Um a 01 vette with intake/exhaust put down 330 hp, UNTUNED Whippled 03 Cobra put down 470 hp, Stage 5 Eaton Lighting put down 401 hp. Srt Neon with some bolt ons, turbo upgrade put down 240 hp.......

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
And I was shocked at the numbers it put down!! Bone stock 04 Cobra with 38,000 miles on it put down 409 hp and 380 tq in 72 degree weather!!!!! :banana::banana: I got the graph and working on getting it posted. What u guys think, BS??

My baseline was 357/347 in 80 degree weather and I consider that right in the middle of most people's averages for bone stock. I think you might have a tune on that...never heard of 400+ from the factory.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
The A/F looks like its been tuned.

Now that I look at it I agree with you. My a/f curve looked nothing like that. That linear ~11.5 for the length of the curve DEFINITELY looks like the result of a tune.

GodStang

Established Member
Prodyno's are famous for pulling really high numbers. There was a car on a prodyno that dynoed 735 and when it went to a dynojet it dynoed 680.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Prodyno's are famous for pulling really high numbers. There was a car on a prodyno that dynoed 735 and when it went to a dynojet it dynoed 680.

Yeah,
its just a basline that the next person on same dyno same day starts the statistics a going.
Then you really have a good idea to what hp each has or rather how close everyone is to one another and who stands out hp/tq wise.

+1. But its still nice :banana:

Agreed its just nice when you compare apples to apples instead of apples to Oranges :)
But sill either way nice #'s !!

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Mine ran 396 rwhp and 382 rwtq last year bone stock. First run was 392 rwhp and 382 rwtq before the engine was completely warmed up. People called BS but I have owned my car since new and it runs incredibly strong. Also others that used the same dyno was only off, by the most, 2 -3 rwhp than other dynos. Another reason I feel my car runs good is it was ne of the cars pulled off the assembly line and dyno'd at the factory to make sure it produced the HP claimed. I can't wait til Hissman gets his new dyno up and running here in good ol' WV to have it tested on a Dynojet to see if it changes much.

Congrats on the numbers. Is it is truly bone stock with no tune in it you have a very strong one.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
Another reason I feel my car runs good is it was ne of the cars pulled off the assembly line and dyno'd at the factory to make sure it produced the HP claimed.
I don't see how that would make any sense. it would make more sense that they would pull the weakest engines to make sure that even the weakest ones are up to spec.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Might not be tuned, but sure is running alot leaner than mine when stock. I had 384RWHP stock, but the A/F was like 10.8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread