So I Returned A Lost iPhone 4

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I usually key up "Not A" in front of the badge that doesnt belong. Sucks on honduh's, usually takes a good amount of time since theyll have type-R badges, SI badges, then stickers, etc. Usually shit on their hood if im feeling a nice solid log in the launch tube.

You too :thumbsup:

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
You did right. My daughter and I found $57.00 in the floor at Walmart Monday evening after soccer practice. I had her take it up to the front office and give it to them incase someone asks. Now my daughter is 9. The head cashier came out with her and was astounded that she was bringing it to them and turning it in. People started bragging on her and me. They said most kids would have kept it and the parents would have told them it was OK. I told them not me. What if that was someone's last little bit of money for groceries or even baby food for a baby and they did not have any more to buy food with? I told them we could not see someone else suffer for an accident/mistake. Its hard when quite a few said I would have kept it but it felt good when people said we see you are an honest person and are training and bringing up your daughter right.

Again to me you did good. Don't let it dishearten you. You will be blessed by someone for your good deed.

Where I live that would NEVER happen If I dropped money in a Wal-Mart. Shoot, I have dropped money before in there, I just say "someone else needed it more than me."

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
I agree. I hold the door for anyone who is behind me usually and more often than not I don't even get eye contact at all. When that happens I say "You're welcome" fairly loudly.

Same here. It usually makes them realize that im doing them a favor. Not just beacuse i want to. Common courtsey usually seems to have gotten lost in todays world. OP you did the right thing i commend you for it!:beer:

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
I wish someone would have returnded mine. I lost my in sharpstown, which is a peaceful quaint neighborhood in southwest Houston.

Bro are we thinking about the same Sharpstown? I went to Sharpstown MS my 8th grade year and Alief Elsik for part of 9th grade. That does NOT describe said area last time I remember it. LOL.

EDIT:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never mind, jokes on me. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to discern on the interwebz. lmfao

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
stealing it like a mexican..........

+1 on returning it, i put mine down in a RR as i was washing my hands and forgot about it. went to my car, realized i left it, went back in and it was gone.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
That was you? My bad bro .. i just didn't want you to see the nude photos i had in my photo library.

MissGT23

Established Member
I found a phone at walmart parking lot few years ago. I called everyone in the phone book, well first few people did not believe me phone was lost..And then girl who lost it ended up meeting me. Wasn't too far from my house. She thanked me a 100 times, and offered me money. I didn't want anything. I felt bad because she was a college student.

MissGT23

Established Member
I also like when you hold doors open for people, specially old people, and don't even give you a nod. Its not my job to hold this open for you to make your damn day better. What happened to common courtesy? Glad my Grandparents/Parents raised me right.

OP, you did the right thing. I probably would've given it to the gym manager ( If they were in.. ), but you had the right idea.

I thought about that the other day. I usually hold the doors for guys, older people and I can't even get thank you.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I though the new Iphones have a tracking device built in them now?

i believe that's the Mobile Me app and its $10 a month :dw:

my buddy works at the Apple Store. they had a guy grab an iphone 4 and run off with it. they called the police and tracked the phone right to the guy's house in less than an hour lol. he answered the door and was arrested.

You did the right thing, dude.

It really sucks when people aren't appreciative. I can't stand it when people don't at least just say "thank you". It takes nearly no effort. :nonono:

+1

I also like when you hold doors open for people, specially old people, and don't even give you a nod. Its not my job to hold this open for you to make your damn day better. What happened to common courtesy? Glad my Grandparents/Parents raised me right.

OP, you did the right thing. I probably would've given it to the gym manager ( If they were in.. ), but you had the right idea.

+1000 i feel the exact same way. these days, i hate turning anything i find in because the dbag employees will probably just keep it for themselves. often times the manager is just like them :burn:

I found a phone at walmart parking lot few years ago. I called everyone in the phone book, well first few people did not believe me phone was lost..And then girl who lost it ended up meeting me. Wasn't too far from my house. She thanked me a 100 times, and offered me money. I didn't want anything. I felt bad because she was a college student.

years ago i found a wallet and found the info of the chick it belonged to. she was about my age and i thought, hey, ill drive it to her house and maybe she'll be appreciative :dancenana: well grandma answered the door and said thanks and that was about it :bored:

about 10 years ago, i found a wallet in a parking lot with $1k in it. completely empty except for one type of id card with a number on it. i called and it was the right one. the guy and his wife showed up and said he had dropped it and it was their rent money. they looked very poor and the wife was pretty much in tears. they offered me some cash but i declined. i felt glad i found them and saved their day. had that one id card not been in there or had a number on it, i probably would not have been able to do anything with it. i sure as hell wouldnt give it to the guy at 711 lol.

ludbg

Established Member
Are you sure it was iphone 4? MIGHT HAVE BEEN IPHONE 5!!! you could have sold it to Gizmodo for $5,000 :shrug: lol

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
i believe that's the Mobile Me app and its $10 a month :dw:

my buddy works at the Apple Store. they had a guy grab an iphone 4 and run off with it. they called the police and tracked the phone right to the guy's house in less than an hour lol. he answered the door and was arrested.

That's crazy.

My brother found a 3G at the YMCA, but he kept it.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
funny.

I lost my BB in the snow in front of a 7-11 sidewalk / parking lot last year. It took me literally 10 min before I had to pull over and look under my seats etc for the phone. not in the car and I was like wtf!! turned around and searched inside the store, out in the snow outside everywhere, in garbage cans EVERYTHING because I knew i dropped the phone there somehow. *edit even rang the phone like 10x from the cashier's cell and wandering around like a retard looking/listening for it. rings and rings and goes to v/m* was there for like 20 mins and very pissed at this point before I gave up.

When I got home wife says this guy called he found your phone, turns out he found it and took it with him in the 10 or so ****ing minutes that I had left and came back. I ring him back but he left town and couldnt hook up with me until later that day.

I finally meet him that evening, he's a landscaper with a truck full of mexicans, I tell him here take a $20 thanks for finding my phone, he says give it to my guy here he found it, of course mexican takes my money.

I wanted to say "why the **** didnt you just leave the ****ing phone inside with the cashier!!" but didnt considering I was glad to get it back in one piece. but it would have saved me a lot of bs if he did.

OP sounds like your guy is a major asshole, but having been through it, next time just leave the ****ing phone at the counter.

thanks

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
He was probably wondering why you took it with you instead of just dropping it off at the front desk of the gym, or leaving it in the locker where you found it.

Maybe he left it there on purpose and was pissed that you took it to begin with.

Really? Im pretty surprised you guys are empathizing with the guy who got his phone back and wasn't appreciative.

First of all, you don't leave valuables lying around. It doesn't matter if your at the gym, leave it in your car. If you don't have a car, keep it on you. Secondly, I personally rather have the person call me and tell me they have my phone then have the counter keep it as they can just as easily take it. I would be excited as hell if someone called me and told me they had my phone and is willing to return it.

Geeze, I guess you guys arer the type would have said "cool" when he returned it.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Where I live that would NEVER happen If I dropped money in a Wal-Mart. Shoot, I have dropped money before in there, I just say "someone else needed it more than me."

Yeah I agree with that even around here. If a druggie had found it it would have been snorted up their nose. But at least I sleep good knowing that if it did belong to someone that really needed it they have the opportunity to get it back, if they just call and ask.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Might be a dumb question, but what would be the point of keeping it anyway? Not like you could have activated it.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Finders keepers. He should have known better than to let it sit around, like someone leaving a dog in a hot car with the windows closed.

Sometimes you have to be selfish and forget the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread