So I'm guessing that putting the pulley cover back on

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
. . .isn't gonna pass it off as stock.:coolman:
done.jpg

Spent today finally putting on the whipple that's been taunting me from the garage the last coupla weeks. Everything came off nicely, the whipple fits perfectly, the inlet on the thing makes two of the bolts a royal pain to reinstall. Had to run to Sears and get a swivel 10mm socket to get to them. Also a note to anyone else trying this, start the rear fuel rail bolt on the pass. side before you put the whipple on as it cannot be done with it in place. Also get new bolts for the upper/lower manifold because I snapped two of them off torqing them, I suspect that reusing the old ones was not good so now I have to tap out two bolts at which time I'm gonna pull all ten and replace with new ones. Right now it still has my chip tuned for the 2.93 on the Eaton which I suspect is better than stock until I can get it retuned for the whipple. Took it for a short drive pretty easy, a coupla half throttle bursts It responds quicker on the takeoff and theres a big increase in torque The boost kicks in sooner and harder, and it's a bit quieter than the Eaton.

Actually I'm surprised that with me doing the work it runs at all.

Last edited:

sam

Established Member
Actually I'm surprised that with me doing the work it runs at all. [/B][/QUOTE]

look's great. time to have a few and sleep good.:beer:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Right about here's where you start thinking "my God what have I gotten myself into".:uh oh:
mpty.jpg

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by FX-Man
Actually a blanket, the two softest ones I could find. :beer:
It's all good. Damn im jealous, My cc's are maxed im ruined:eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice setup. Let us know what the results are from the dyno. That car must be a blast to drive!

Swervedriver

Established Member
Originally posted by FX-Man
Right about here's where you start thinking "my God what have I gotten myself into".:uh oh:

:D Actually when i was installing the Apten it was at this point that I said "I wonder if taking a dremmel to those intake ports would get me anymore power". Fortunetly I was too lazy to start hacking at it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread