So in the the FGT talk I guess this was missed

steeltoe

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421385911.641022.jpg

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Didn't he spend all that time and money with ford developing the boss 500 Instead of the Chrysler hemi? I wonder what motor he is going to run. I don't even know who all manufacturers their motors. Maybe all the teams do their own in house. But as far as I know all the top fuel engines are hemi derived. Wonder if he worked with gm and developed another new motor thats based off gm design? That would be cool seeing top fuel with actual different motors not just painted car emblems on a composite body

08mojo

Established Member
Didn't he spend all that time and money with ford developing the boss 500 Instead of the Chrysler hemi? I wonder what motor he is going to run. I don't even know who all manufacturers their motors. Maybe all the teams do their own in house. But as far as I know all the top fuel engines are hemi derived. Wonder if he worked with gm and developed another new motor thats based off gm design? That would be cool seeing top fuel with actual different motors not just painted car emblems on a composite body

All of the motors are the same architecture. They are all based off (I'm guessing very loosely at this point) of the dodge hemi. Those cars are only related to chevy, dodge, ford, etc by their funding.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Correct....and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
But what was the thing with the boss 500? I read on a site awhile ago saying the boss 500 was the first ford powered top fuel dragster since Don Prudomme. And that ford and JFR developed it. Now I went to nhra nationals last year and all the force cars along with a few others had boss 500 written all over the motors. And this year was the 50th anniversary of the hemi and most of the cars I saw had 50th hemi emblems that I saw. But from a physical stand point take the emblems off and they looked identical to me. Magnetos were both in same position, at an angle like how Mopar were originally. I couldn't find much info on engine and was just curious about it since I think I read it a yr or two ago and remember reading force helped with the motor so hearing him moving to gm seemed weird if they just did this motor with ford.

Users who are viewing this thread