So is the stall TSB working?

NODOZE

Established Member
I had my first stall after 3 months of ownership.

My initial thought was "no way I could turn the wheels w/o power steering unexpectedly." I mean, most have one hand on the shifter when they make an everyday turn. It's dangerous!!

Then, yesterday, I was cruzing about 60 when I took it out of gear and just coasted. The RPM's dropped dangerously low and I think it almost stalled. NOW THAT is dangerous!!!

Is the reflash working? Worth it? Are you guys having to leave your car a whole day or can you just wait while they do it?

Thanks for replies.
-Brian

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Do it. It takes 20 minutes to half an hour. It's free.
My car now runs smoother, idles higher, and gets better mileage. No more worrying about the stall. Plus, I got 17 mpg on the first full tank after having this done, when the best I had ever gotten before in 7000 miles of driving this car was only 15 mpg.

TRBO VNM

I haven't had a stall since it was flashed. there have been a few times where the rpm's dropped, but the computer compensated for it. I think it is working. :thumbsup:

ModsAway

Established Member
Glad to hear the reflash is working.... Personally my car stalled a few times stock and has never stalled again since CAI install and silencer removal.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Mine had a super $hitty idle before. Crap idle at start-up. Stalled 6 times from Sep to Jan. My dealer finally got the re-flash data put it on my car. Whole different car now. Starts different, idles completely different, runs better, and NO STALLS in 6 weeks. I tried to make it stall too! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I'd do it, but then I'd have to get the car re-tuned. Maybe another time...

PDubs

Established Member
Reflash = AWEsome!! And, the gas mileage has noticeably improved.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Almost all the people who have responded aren't chipped/pullied. So make sure to do the re-flash before tuning the car. Otherwise you'll be where I am, not wanting to have to re-tune the damn thing.

outtaangst

Established Member
I've been outta the loop for a while but am now ready to buy, so here is my question...

Has the stall only affected 03's, or did it carry over to 04's as well?

Aloha

J....:coolman:

f2fast4u

Established Member
I sent my reflashed processor to Kenne Bell, along with their original chip, for a reburn of the chip. Ken, at Kenne Bell said the new Ford flash logic is completely new code, resembles nothing of the previous logic Ford used - said he hadn't seen anything like it before. Got them both back yesterday, so today my new processor and reburned chip are being installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by TRDNiteLife
Almost all the people who have responded aren't chipped/pullied. So make sure to do the re-flash before tuning the car. Otherwise you'll be where I am, not wanting to have to re-tune the damn thing.
Exactly. I'm trying to get my stall issue corrected through SCT.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I had the stall flash done the other day. It stalled on me 3 times before I put the car into storage last fall. So far the car seems more responsive, smooth idle, starts quicker. It really made a difference ..... the car launches out of 1st gear much easier now as well!

BLUBYU2

Established Member
I had it done two weeks ago and no stall since.:thumbsup:
FYI, anyone from the area dont go to Fair Oaks in Naperville they tried blowing me off saying they didnt have the update. Riverview not only downloaded the new flash from Ford.com they also did it for me as soon as I pulled into the dealership. They had the car back to me in twenty minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread