So my understanding is if you need your 13-14 OE wheels repainted to factory color, you are SIL?

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Wheels have seen a bit of wear and tear, a few Internet searches have said there is no paint code for the wheels and almost no one that has taken the wheels to be repainted have gotten anywhere close to a color match. I may consider buying a new set of OE wheels, but I can't figure out exactly what is the correct Ford part number; I find two different websites may list a different part number for what appears to be the same wheel and size, i.e. BR3V1007FA and BR3Z1007N.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It can be done but it's very difficult to match, I had a local wheel shop powder coat my base wheels and they came out perfect
View attachment 1658615
ATTACH]

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I would do the powder coat also which I have done on a set of 13/14 base GT500 wheels but had them done in Tuxedo Black and they came out perfect. Midwest wheel and tire still sells both style OEM replacement 13/14 GT500 wheels that are refurbished. Those numbers you posted are all numbers used for this 13/14 GT500 wheel below.

3912CH - Midwest Wheel & Tire

2013 OEM Wheels - Midwest Wheel & Tire

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Wheels have seen a bit of wear and tear, a few Internet searches have said there is no paint code for the wheels and almost no one that has taken the wheels to be repainted have gotten anywhere close to a color match. I may consider buying a new set of OE wheels, but I can't figure out exactly what is the correct Ford part number; I find two different websites may list a different part number for what appears to be the same wheel and size, i.e. BR3V1007FA and BR3Z1007N.

Helios Coatings Inc

They did the original oem finish. In Ohio. Couldn't hurt to contact them

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
I would do the powder coat also which I have done on a set of 13/14 base GT500 wheels but had them done in Tuxedo Black and they came out perfect. Midwest wheel and tire still sells both style OEM replacement 13/14 GT500 wheels that are refurbished. Those numbers you posted are all numbers used for this 13/14 GT500 wheel below.

I think the refurbished part is my issue, if they were re-painted or finished, I doubt they would match, which is an issue as I probably don't need a complete set of wheels but just a couple to replace the rashed wheels. I don't know if the wheels are out of production yet, if that is the case I am hoping there are NOS ones lying around various Ford dealerships or hopefully I can find a set an owner took off immediately after purchasing the car new to install a set of aftermarket wheels and kept the OE wheels in storage.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

GDDYUP

Established Member
There's no Ford OEM paint code for the Shelby factory wheels. Helios did the wheels using that multi step process shown above so it's almost impossible to match 100% if you only need to fix up a wheel or two. You could powdercoat or repaint but it'll never be a 100% match unfortunately unless you can get them done the same way Helios did them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Helios coated 2 sets of wheels for me and they were great. Still, even batch to batch these costing can be different.
So, doing just 2 may not match the others.
If anyone is serious or gets in contact with them, I’d like to have my 6 Weld RTS done in this color so I could join in on the batch, I think it was cheaper when we did 3 sets at once.
-J

bossmustang

If anyone near southeastern Michigan/metro Detroit needs to get theirs refinished, Bryan Ogg at Detroit Wheel and Tire, Madison Heights, MI. is the person to talk to. They have done quite a bit of work (refinishing, curb rash, tires,) for me over the last 3 years. I trust Bryan with everything. I just had a set of '12 GT500 Performance Package Wheels refinished for my 2013 Boss 302 and had them fitted with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. They came out perfect. Detroit Wheel and Tire

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone near southeastern Michigan/metro Detroit needs to get theirs refinished, Bryan Ogg at Detroit Wheel and Tire, Madison Heights, MI. is the person to talk to. They have done quite a bit of work (refinishing, curb rash, tires,) for me over the last 3 years. I trust Bryan with everything. I just had a set of '12 GT500 Performance Package Wheels refinished for my 2013 Boss 302 and had them fitted with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. They came out perfect. Detroit Wheel and Tire
I have also heard good things about this company.
You can get CLOSE to OEM, but exact is different.
The Weld RTS plan is still on my list of plans, so if I have success with contacting Helios I’ll post it here to possibly help others.
-J

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Made contact with the Helios CEO Mark. Still $125 per wheel plus you cover shipping both ways. Have some wheels I’m shipping out tomorrow.

I know I'm a few months late, but I saw this and breathed a sigh of relief. I was pondering on getting a set of new OE PP Wheels from a Ford dealer, and it was going to run up to around $4,400 CDN.

fearthesnake

Established Member

Do you have a pic of the base rims in Black?

I'd like to see a dark color base rim on my Grabber Blue/Black stripe setup. Thats a good price on the base rims and I would also get them widened to 10.5". Thats if still available.

Currently have a Vossen Rim on the car but thinking about changing it up.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
This might be an odd question, but this concerns if you have PP package wheels and you send them to Helios to re-finish them - do the unique nodules used to grip the tire bead on the PP package rim survive the stripping process? I just wonder if a physical process like sanding would damage or cause them to get sanded off the wheel.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
This might be an odd question, but this concerns if you have PP package wheels and you send them to Helios to re-finish them - do the unique nodules used to grip the tire bead on the PP package rim survive the stripping process? I just wonder if a physical process like sanding would damage or cause them to get sanded off the wheel.

I can't imagine why the process would remove the nodules, or whatever they are called. That would require some serious sanding or grinding. I don't believe they offer repairs, just refinishing which leads me to believe it would be chemicals only.

Tom

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
I can't imagine why the process would remove the nodules, or whatever they are called. That would require some serious sanding or grinding. I don't believe they offer repairs, just refinishing which leads me to believe it would be chemicals only.

Tom

I got in touch with Helios and they said the stripping involves chemicals only, the inner rim detail would not be affected. They also said they would repair wheel damage (I didn't ask, they brought this up on their own) though that would be extra cost.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I got in touch with Helios and they said the stripping involves chemicals only, the inner rim detail would not be affected. They also said they would repair wheel damage (I didn't ask, they brought this up on their own) though that would be extra cost.
What was Helios contact if you don’t mind? Mine are looking rough after 83k and it’ll be garaged soon enough

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I had worked with Marshall at Helios.
it’s on my winter project list to have him do Welds in the stock color. Should be sweet!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread