So my wife says.........Gt500

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I was looking over the web checking out Shelby GT500s and my wife says "Are you looking, or looking to find?" I said "just looking", then I told her about when I was about 10 years old, getting off the school bus by my mom's work and seeing this shelby GT350 (65-66) sitting there, white w/blue stripes. By the time I could drive they were already collector status, and I couldn't afford the insurance anyway. So...life got in the way and I forgot about it.
So the wife says..."we're financially decent, if you find one with all the mods, don't settle for something else, if you find it, buy it"
I found a 2007 (I like the 2007-09s because they look most like the old ones) with 1 owner 26k miles and I brought it home.
It has a Metco pulley on it, along with LCRs and an adjustable upper arm, and intake. Paul's Performance did the tune on it.
I located the prior owner and to make a long story short) he wanted to sell me the window sticker, plaque, documentations and whatever for 500 bucks. I mentioned this to our team engineer who used to work for SVT and he told me who to contact at Ford to get all that stuff..which I did, for a lot less than 500 bucks.
Awesome car..I just love it, going through the Apalachicola national forest I set the cruise on (well quite a bit over the recommended speed limit) it just purred along for 20 minutes.

taadVchl.jpg

39t2UjFl.jpg

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Can't believe that guy wanted 500 bucks for that stuff that is worth nothing to him now. If I ever got rid of mine and sold it to a fan I would for sure include all that. Congrats on the pick up, great color combo!

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Very nice choice, I like those years as well. To have a wife on your side like that......Priceless.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Can't believe that guy wanted 500 bucks for that stuff that is worth nothing to him now. If I ever got rid of mine and sold it to a fan I would for sure include all that.

Seriously, some losers. I hate everything about the concept behind that. Now he will never be able to get rid of it :)

Congrats on the car OP, looks great!

Willie

Established Member
Congrats! It's a great feeling! I was inquiring about a 2008 recently and in talking on the phone with the owner, I asked if he had the SVT certificate. He said of course. I asked for the date of assembly. Unbelieveably, it was built on my birthday! I had to buy the car!

builttodrive

Established Member
Nice! Hey just out of curiosity who would someone contact to get the original window sticker and other said documents? I bought my car from the original owner but he had long tossed these items but it would be fun to have those as I don't intend to sell the car for a very long time.

Papaw

Established Member
I'm keeping my car but I'll sell my window sticker and other documents to anyone for $500.00
(excluding pick slip)

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

JaeJae

Established Member
Congrats! Also with the other guys on who would you contact in order to get all this documentation? I just got mine and it didn't come with anything! Just one key.

Users who are viewing this thread