So my wife says.........Gt500

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Nice! Hey just out of curiosity who would someone contact to get the original window sticker and other said documents? I bought my car from the original owner but he had long tossed these items but it would be fun to have those as I don't intend to sell the car for a very long time.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SGT991.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/Articles.asp?q=plaque&ID=250&Submit=Search

The keys can be made by most True Value hardware stores..believe it or not

here you go...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'd love to know who the idiot was that tried to strong arm you for $500 for a bunch of worthless to him paperwork. What a douche. I'm glad you got the car that you wanted AND the docs to come along with it. You'll love this car, the GT500's will always be the kings of Mustang muscle cars, enjoy it!

builttodrive

Established Member

blacksheep-1

Established Member
These are the Shelby added window stickers for the cars that went to shelby like the Shelby GT, KR and Super Snake. I had gotten one for my Shelby GT. I would like the dash plaque but since they can no longer be hand signed It's not as big of deal.

I was never able to recover the original build sheet, that's long gone, probably in one of Shelby's dumpsters.

builttodrive

Established Member
I was never able to recover the original build sheet, that's long gone, probably in one of Shelby's dumpsters.

The regular Shelby GT500 models never came with a shelby build sheet. They were ford production cars and never went to Las Vegas to have Shelby modifications done to them.

I was just hoping to get the original Ford window sticker for my car.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Congrats! It's a great feeling! I was inquiring about a 2008 recently and in talking on the phone with the owner, I asked if he had the SVT certificate. He said of course. I asked for the date of assembly. Unbelieveably, it was built on my birthday! I had to buy the car!

Now that's some cool karma for sure!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So the wife says..."we're financially decent, if you find one with all the mods, don't settle for something else, if you find it, buy it"

I hate to break it to you, but she's cheating on you! LOL

Back in '08 I almost bought an '09 in that same color combo. It turned a ton of heads during the test drive! Congrats!

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I hate to break it to you, but she's cheating on you! LOL

Back in '08 I almost bought an '09 in that same color combo. It turned a ton of heads during the test drive! Congrats!

No, that wife would be my first one, this is my 3rd and I really hit the jackpot this time..she's awesome.lolol
I really looked hard at a blue/ white stripe like the Lemans GT40s, but I couldn't get that old gt350 color out of my head.

builttodrive

Established Member

Thanks man!!

I ordered mine up today. Just incase anyone else was interested in these when I talked to the guy he said the 2007 window stickers are starting to become unavailable for some VIN's. Sounded like the 07 models may not be available for long so if you need one for your 07 you better act fast!

mavisky

Established Member
Be sure to check and see if the factory crank pulley and dampener is on the car. They recommend using the later 08-09 pulleys as the heavy dampener on the 07's can cause damage when spun hard.

Users who are viewing this thread