so thinking of painting my calipers red..???

scotts99snake

Established Member
I did it on my 99 cobra when I bought it. It turned out good. Then my buddy bought an 03 Mach I and did the same. His also looks good. We did the calipers red and the frame black. I would recommend it.
0729081833.gif

Shackleford

Established Member
It's one of those small things that in the end cleans up the look of the car a lot.

scotts99snake

Established Member
I have seen it both ways. I prefer the frame black. When you do it though, you should really take the pads out and paint the clips on the back of them black. Makes a world of difference.

yefferys50

Established Member
I custom painted mine red with a silver pony in the middle and painted the bracket black. Here's a quick pic.

Picture539.gif

Mustanger

Established Member
Stage3 Motorsports sells a super high quality paint kit for the calipers...$37 ..a two part epoxy paint that is so hard & durable..much higher quality that the more common duplicolor spray can...plus it comes in tons of colors...

scotts99snake

Established Member
Stage3 Motorsports sells a super high quality paint kit for the calipers...$37 ..a two part epoxy paint that is so hard & durable..much higher quality that the more common duplicolor spray can...plus it comes in tons of colors...

That is the stuff I wanted to use when I did mine but I couldn't find it. I have seen it used on other cars and I will admit it is hands down superior to the duplicolor. However, I did use both duplicolor paints (the brush on and spray) and I will say they do work well.

781mach1

Established Member
pony on caliper

"yefferys50" How did you do the horse on yours

Its actually quite simple. First paint your caliper white or silver. Let it dry then place a mustang sticker on the caliper. Then paint the caliper red and let that dry. Remove the mustang sticker and clear the entire caliper. Let dry and your done.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
I did it on mine, and they looked like crap after one season and required another coat of paint to make them look good again. I just cut my losses and put on the Ford pre-painted calipers which are much more resilient.

Shackleford

Established Member
If you have regular rotors paint them too for a really clean look.

DSC02205.jpg

Last edited:

Bob-ay

Established Member
Its actually quite simple. First paint your caliper white or silver. Let it dry then place a mustang sticker on the caliper. Then paint the caliper red and let that dry. Remove the mustang sticker and clear the entire caliper. Let dry and your done.

where did you get the pony sticker? or what sticker did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread