So usps f****d me, know what?

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
Now what?- title correct

So on Feb. 28 I won a bid on ebay and paid for a trick flow top and lower intake with a acufab tb, intake spacer, bbk fuel regulator, and all bolts and hardware. Setup had about 500 miles on it. I payed $610 for it plus $50 for shipping. Fast forward to Tuesday 3/12, I come home from work to a box completely destroyed all held together with tape. My first thoughts were not good and it was going to be beat up.... nope I pick it up to find out it has hardly any weight to it. I bring it inside and take pics of it, then open it to find only the top intake with the tb bolted to it and the 1 inch spacer. Then I find no ****ing insurance label on it! So here Iam now not knowing what to do. I contacted the seller and cant get a reply back and i have no time at work to call usps and bet they won't do shit anyway without insurance on it. I can tell its usps fault all the way because you can see how the whole side of the box was ripped off and taped on. It's obvious my missing parts ripped out of the box so I can't blame the seller for it, the parts I did get were actually packed and wrapped nice in a good sized box. I'm thinking the seller should eat it though and pay me for what's missing since they charged me $50 for shipping on something i paid $610 for and didn't even include insurance. I didn't ask for it like a dumbass because its a no brainer for the seller to add at least some insurance. This just sucks, wtf would you guys do? I basically need the whole lower intake and all the bolts, plus I'm out of a fuel regulator too.

ubyqutaq.jpg

yqaqe9eh.jpg

y3y9uga3.jpg

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
If you have pics of the bottom of the box to go with the one you posted you should have a good claim.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
It looks like it could have been packaged better and you should have confirmed or purchased insurance. I don't see where USPS alone ****ed you.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Seller should have put insurance on, plain and simple. Insurance for what you paid is a couple bucks. I think you're screwed at this point.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Insufficient packaging by seller, thus insurance(if there was any) will tell you to go **** yourself.

You bought it on ebay, thus paypal, right? How did you use paypal, bank account, or credit card? Hopefully you'll say a credit card. First contact paypal. They should take care of you as it seems with all the scammer threads, paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer. If not, that's when you contact your credit card company who will tell paypal to eat shit.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
Now what?- title correct

So on Feb. 28 I won a bid on ebay and paid for a trick flow top and lower intake with a acufab tb, intake spacer, bbk fuel regulator, and all bolts and hardware. Setup had about 500 miles on it. I payed $610 for it plus $50 for shipping. Fast forward to Tuesday 3/12, I come home from work to a box completely destroyed all held together with tape. My first thoughts were not good and it was going to be beat up.... nope I pick it up to find out it has hardly any weight to it. I bring it inside and take pics of it, then open it to find only the top intake with the tb bolted to it and the 1 inch spacer. Then I find no f***ing insurance label on it! So here Iam now not knowing what to do. I contacted the seller and cant get a reply back and i have no time at work to call usps and bet they won't do shit anyway without insurance on it. I can tell its usps fault all the way because you can see how the whole side of the box was ripped off and taped on. It's obvious my missing parts ripped out of the box so I can't blame the seller for it, the parts I did get were actually packed and wrapped nice in a good sized box. I'm thinking the seller should eat it though and pay me for what's missing since they charged me $50 for shipping on something i paid $610 for and didn't even include insurance. I didn't ask for it like a dumbass because its a no brainer for the seller to add at least some insurance. This just sucks, wtf would you guys do? I basically need the whole lower intake and all the bolts, plus I'm out of a fuel regulator too.

ubyqutaq.jpg

yqaqe9eh.jpg

y3y9uga3.jpg

you need to go to the post office and have a face to face with the Postmaster there and tell him this is NOT acceptable and in no way shape or form is this your fault, and that HE/SHE needs to pay and make this right.

if not I would go file a claim in small claims court.

jonboy688

Established Member
Now what?- title correct

So on Feb. 28 I won a bid on ebay and paid for a trick flow top and lower intake with a acufab tb, intake spacer, bbk fuel regulator, and all bolts and hardware. Setup had about 500 miles on it. I payed $610 for it plus $50 for shipping. Fast forward to Tuesday 3/12, I come home from work to a box completely destroyed all held together with tape. My first thoughts were not good and it was going to be beat up.... nope I pick it up to find out it has hardly any weight to it. I bring it inside and take pics of it, then open it to find only the top intake with the tb bolted to it and the 1 inch spacer. Then I find no f***ing insurance label on it! So here Iam now not knowing what to do. I contacted the seller and cant get a reply back and i have no time at work to call usps and bet they won't do shit anyway without insurance on it. I can tell its usps fault all the way because you can see how the whole side of the box was ripped off and taped on. It's obvious my missing parts ripped out of the box so I can't blame the seller for it, the parts I did get were actually packed and wrapped nice in a good sized box. I'm thinking the seller should eat it though and pay me for what's missing since they charged me $50 for shipping on something i paid $610 for and didn't even include insurance. I didn't ask for it like a dumbass because its a no brainer for the seller to add at least some insurance. This just sucks, wtf would you guys do? I basically need the whole lower intake and all the bolts, plus I'm out of a fuel regulator too.

ubyqutaq.jpg

yqaqe9eh.jpg

y3y9uga3.jpg

Did you or someone have to sign for it? If its over x amount of money on eBay it is required by the seller to require signature confirmation. You should be fine minus shipping cost back to the seller.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
you need to go to the post office and have a face to face with the Postmaster there and tell him this is NOT acceptable and in no way shape or form is this your fault, and that HE/SHE needs to pay and make this right.

if not I would go file a claim in small claims court.

The Postmaster will tell him the obvious. Insufficient packaging. If it was sufficient, the box wouldn't have broken down the way it is and it likely not ripped open.

I'm not one to come to the defense of the USPS either. I've had an over-sized box crushed and crammed into my mailbox and I even had a thin, hardcover book literally broken in half so it would fit in my mailbox. They can be idiots.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Seller gave you the raw deal packaging it and you didn't agree to insurance terms.

Nothing wrong with the shipper. That packaging is horrible from the seller.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
As a mail carrier I see this happen from time to time. Basically it looks like the seller did a crappy job packing it up. Throwing an upper and lower intake into a cheap thin cardboard box that looks like it was reused to ship your stuff and with what must have been minimal packing material is asking for it to get all banged up like it did. Not to mention that when they handed your box to the person over the counter or the mail carrier and they send it away to the plant to get sent to you it is moved by machines, people, conveyor belts, slides and the list goes on and on. And this happens everytime it gets to a new processing plant.
So with that in mind packing is critical, not to mention insurance on something that is more that a few hundred dollars. Sucks that this happened to you. What I would suggest is going back to the seller and try to have them help you out. With no insurance your not going to get anywhere with the Post office trust me. Especially your local PO who had nothing to do with the damage. Good luck and hopefully it gets worked out.

oldmodman

Established Member
You DID use a credit card to pay for it within your PayPal account, didn't you?

Call the credit card company and reverse the charge. Then notify paypal that you have done so. But only after you have been notified by the credit card company that the charge was stopped and reversed successfully.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
seller did a horrible job on packing the product. There is only so much the USPS can do when it comes to crappy boxes they just ship however it comes to them. If it was any worse I'd assume they should've sent it back to the seller but who knows. Hope you get it worked out I would try to deal with the seller first thing

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Wow, that package looks like it went through a nuclear blast... Does USPS have crackheads working for them that they just throw around packages and don't give a shit?!?! How does something get that ****ed up?!?!

USPS screwed me last month too with a package I shipped out. I didn't put insurance on it either because i already paid $5 more out of pocket than the money I got to ship it out. The buyer ended up saying he was going to file a claim with Ebay if i didn't refund his money, so I made an arrangement with him just to send a free replacement. The burden of responsibility on these matters always lies with the seller. I'd either file a claim to get your money back, or ask him to make good on the product since you didn't receive it in the stated condition.

Fun4me

Established Member
I had this happen. The seller is responsible for insuring the package gets to you. If he didnt insure it, he is going to pay. Paypal agreed with me, and said I could ship the remaining parts back to the seller for a full refund(minus shipping) or take a partial refund without shipping anything back. The post office said that the package was probably packed improperly for heavy metal parts, and its not their fault the seller is an idiot. Even if it was insured, getting usps to pay a claim is a nightmare. Hope you used yuor cc, just in case.

vortecd

Established Member
This falls on the seller. Everything I have sold I insure it cause I know it is on me. You talk to the seller and if he doesn't fix it, you go to Paypal. Paypal does a nice job on protecting the buyer. I have won every claim I have put in with them with no fight.

coposrv

Established Member
Looks like the items weren't packaged to well. There's some good info in this thread. OP hope it works out.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer, even in cases far more extreme than this where it is clearly the buyer's fault. Annoying to sell stuff on eBay these days. File a claim with them, get your money back. Lesson learned for the seller.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
You DID use a credit card to pay for it within your PayPal account, didn't you?

Call the credit card company and reverse the charge. Then notify paypal that you have done so. But only after you have been notified by the credit card company that the charge was stopped and reversed successfully.

Funny you should say this, I just went through this with my bank when I purchased the front and rear bumper covers plus the rocker panels from Prestige Mustang. The parts were from a low mileage '96 Mystic Cobra and I paid a LOT for them. Todd Welburn, the owner, assured me that they would be packaged with the utmost care and that the front bumper was the best he'd seen in awhile from a Mystic. I was pretty stoked.......until I saw the crate he'd packed the parts into...........and then saw that the rocker panel end caps and the front bumper cover were not wrapped in bubble wrap. Not to mention the scrapes/scratches/scuffs in the Mystic paint on the front bumper to include the cracked/broken clearcoat in several spots.
When I confronted Tod about it, he asked that I email him pictures which I did, 16 of them from before I even opened the crate to the condition of the front bumper. He said he would call me when he got done reviewing the pictures.
Long story short, he refused to cover return shipping for the bumper so I filed a claim with Visa and they reversed the charge and credited me back $550 (Todd's price for the bumper cover) and basically gave him 45 days to dispute. And I get to keep the crap Mystic bumper.

To the OP, I can't believe the clerk behind the counter at the post office accepted the box from the seller....It had to be obvious that the box was flimsy when he dropped it off to them.

Users who are viewing this thread