so we got a new blower

stangfreak

Established Member
Just checked kenne bells website and just saw that we now have a 3.2 mammoth available for the 03 04 cobra. :coolman:

ctgreddy

Established Member
That's been "out" for a few weeks now. Not sure if anyone's actually got one yet tho.

D-MANN

Established Member
Site says 3.2l LC fits under stock hood but then when you go to price info it lists a 3.6l LC no mention of a 3.2l If anyone was following the 3.6l build thread we all know the 3.6 doesn't fit under stock hood. Maybe they are offering a 3.2 & 3.6 now,the 3.2 being the biggest that can fit under stock hood.

stangfreak

Established Member
Maybe it's typo and they meant to say 3.6?

I dont think it was a typo. The 3.6 does not fit under the stock hood according to the two members that have them. If you look at the kenne bell site, it says "the only 3L supercharger to fit under the stock hood"

I think they are going to offer both. I did hear in the past that kb was making a 3.2 but I didnt know which car it was for. Im assuming its for multiple mustang models

stangfreak

Established Member
That's been "out" for a few weeks now. Not sure if anyone's actually got one yet tho.

yea I was only aware of the 3.6 because the 3.2 is not listed on there price guide. I had no idea it was out two weeks ago. I do frequent the kb site very often I guess I missed it

gabe1530

Banned
do you have a link? im looking at their page and dont see it

nvm, found it.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Hopefully someone will test one out. I'm always the first to jump on a new blower for these cars. This time I'm taking a back seat lol.

ctgreddy

Established Member
It is an actual 3.2. I believe it's a big blower rotor set in the case of a 2.8. I'm sure that's how it fits under the hood as my 2.8 fits fine under the stock one. It is very new tho probably why there's not a lot of info on their site about it. Someone who really wants one now will most likely have to call them.

Altho they say its the first 3l to fit under the stock hood, but I made a 3.4 fit under a stock hood with very very minimal trimming to the webbing underneath. That was with no kmember or motor mount drops either.

stangfreak

Established Member
yes that is true. The 3.4 does fit under the stock hood. Good point. I would rather have the 3.6, I just cant believe how tall that blower is. Its huge

ctgreddy

Established Member
Yes the 3.6 is huge. I put one on a 2014 gt500 and used a drop kmember, drop motor mounts, still had to cut the hood to clear it and even with that it was about 1/4" from hitting. The 3.6 really needs a different hood to fit ok.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thats insane. yea not sure if I want a cowl hood. You think kb will also offer the new intercoolers for the cobras?

vatejf

Established Member
I emailed them and this is what I got."The 3.2L supercharger should be getting here towards the end of January. The 3.2L is good for 3psi over the 2.8L with the same size pulley. The blower will run a little bit cooler as well because you wont have to spin the blower so hard to generate the boost you want. Yes the 3.2L DEFINITELY will be the way to go if you do not want to change your hood, that’s mainly why we designed this new blower. "
Also, I personally doubt any kind of new intercooler because ours is a pretty tight fit in our lower intake already. We have alot less room in that area then a 5.4 based motor does.

stangfreak

Established Member
This is great. Hands down a 3L kb over a 3L whipple. Maybe my 2.9 whipple will be for sale.

stangfreak

Established Member
I dont think so. I am going to call mustang magic tomorrow and see if I can get a price.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I'm curious what kind of pricing they offer for the new blower. This thing might be a hit. One thing I love about my kb is lower intake plate. So pulling my blower off for anything like injectors, valve covers, etc doesn't require taking off the entire lower intake and intercooler. 6 bolts and slide the blower off.

Users who are viewing this thread