So what color / finish for these CCW wheels? Photoshoppers? (

limenine

Established Member
The story behind this is in another thread (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488181&highlight=classics+cobra)

He really wants to go with a finish other than just plain polished. Top of his list right now is anodizing the entire thing black. He wants to hear your suggestions on colors and finishes though.

If anyone wants to photoshop an idea (I don't have it on this computer, unfortunately), here's a pic:

IMG_2475.jpg

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I would just get them color matched to the exterior color of the car. I think they look amazing with the silver centers and the polished lip on a silver car.

youlose

Established Member
The above is my car. There is more to the story re: the finish in these wheels, and one way or another they are getting refinished. They silver does look good but almost makes the car look "too" clean-like antiseptic clean with no soul.....hard to describe-not bad--just very very cold.

I have always wanted to see a set of classics anodized black. Not just the centers, but the entire wheel including the lip, not bolts and centers/lugs though... I think that may be the almighty sickness..I had a set of stock 03's with 10.5's out back in solid semi-flat black previously and they looked great. I think a nice deep dished three piece wheel like the classics would look eeeeevvviiiillllll.

Was also considering titanium flat grey on the centers only--which has been done. Also even entertained the idea of a magnesium or oil-rubed bronze color on the centers, even gold!

If you are a photoshopper and feel like helpin' a brother out, go to town!

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i think they look awesome with the car
someone said it, but if you really want to get them painted get them to match the car

limenine

Established Member
Hey, thanks! That's actually a pretty cool idea with the two-tone effect. There're lots of all black and polished/black wheels out there already, but I don't think I've seen any with two shades of grey.

Thanks for the 'chops :beer:

youlose

Established Member
Thanks CosworthRS, I am clueless on photoshop nor do I have it, and limenine's stepson deleted it off of his computer.....

Thanks again!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread