So what did you order on your 2013 or 2014?

Simon_C

Established Member
Just ordered Ruby Red, PP, TP, Glass Roof, Recaros, Electronics and Shaker Pro. Based in Cayman Islands and dealer is confident of an allocation. Trying to get build date later in the year as I don't want it arriving in the height of hurrican season.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just ordered Ruby Red, PP, TP, Glass Roof, Recaros, Electronics and Shaker Pro. Based in Cayman Islands and dealer is confident of an allocation. Trying to get build date later in the year as I don't want it arriving in the height of hurrican season.

I'd bet you could outrun a hurricane :banana:
That's gotta be a crazy experience to have a GT500 on a small island, good luck on getting the order, we will need pics near the ocean!
-J
:beer:

Simon_C

Established Member
Thanks.

I have just been given a September build date which I am going for. Would have preferred later in the year but don't want to miss out. :beer:

There are 6 GT500s in Cayman. I think a 2011 is the most recent year.

I can't see myself driving my 911 once the Shelby arrives.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Getting a bit nervous. I want a Black on Black Shelby GT500 with nav, recaro's, SVT performance package and track package and according to cars.com, there were about 5 to choose from within 40 miles from me so I figured, at least one of them would still be around when I'm ready to buy. Go to check today, and now there's only 1 black one left out of the 5 that were listed.

I'm looking to buy in November. The odds of that one black one still being around in 4 months is looking quite slim. This sucks :(

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Getting a bit nervous. I want a Black on Black Shelby GT500 with nav, recaro's, SVT performance package and track package and according to cars.com, there were about 5 to choose from within 40 miles from me so I figured, at least one of them would still be around when I'm ready to buy. Go to check today, and now there's only 1 black one left out of the 5 that were listed.

I'm looking to buy in November. The odds of that one black one still being around in 4 months is looking quite slim. This sucks :(

Alot if times- the cars that show up on sites are incoming...and when they land they're already sold.

Many of us have travelled for the right car/deal

Simon_C

Established Member
Ordered 7-24

2014 Coupe
Ruby Red, black stripes
SVT Performance Package
SVT Track Package

David

I keep changing my mind. I don't know if I prefer the white or the black stripes. My girlfriend eventually settled it. She prefers white stripes. In her words "It's a ****ing muscle car. It's meant to be in your face."

I can't argue with that!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I keep changing my mind. I don't know if I prefer the white or the black stripes. My girlfriend eventually settled it. She prefers white stripes. In her words "It's a ****ing muscle car. It's meant to be in your face."

I can't argue with that!

And if you get it in and don't like it, just take them off and put black ones on.

David Neibert

Established Member
Originally Posted by David Neibert
Ordered 7-24

2014 Coupe
Ruby Red, black stripes
SVT Performance Package
SVT Track Package

David

I can't argue with that!

I think the black stripes make it look a little more understated and go better with the wheels. This car is actually for my wife (only way I could buy one without selling one of my cars) and it will replace the black Charger SRT8 she is driving now. She always buys black cars, but the black/black GT500 just didn't look as good to me or her because there was no contrast between the body and stripes or all the black trim parts in the grill area. I don't even like red cars, but something about this color really got my attention, especially after seeing one in person a couple weeks ago.

rubyredGT5002014_zpse2db1703.jpg

David

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Talked to SVT today & said my Vin.# is showing at the Plant.
What does this mean?
Is it going to be built this week .
It is schuled for 8/12/13.

It just means it was submitted to the plant as a 'job'. It will be built on 8/12/13.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Thanks.

I have just been given a September build date which I am going for. Would have preferred later in the year but don't want to miss out. :beer:

There are 6 GT500s in Cayman. I think a 2011 is the most recent year.

I can't see myself driving my 911 once the Shelby arrives.

You'll continue driving the 911, when you're in the mood for the twisties. The GT500 will be when you're in the mood for straight-line speed, massive acceleration, and the greatest exhaust note ever from a V8! The ultimate garage is having one of each so you can scratch any car itch that comes along! ;-)

Simon_C

Established Member
I think the black stripes make it look a little more understated and go better with the wheels.

David

I agree. The black looks good. I like both. For the sake of domestic bliss I think I'll stay with the white though!

You'll continue driving the 911, when you're in the mood for the twisties. The GT500 will be when you're in the mood for straight-line speed, massive acceleration, and the greatest exhaust note ever from a V8! The ultimate garage is having one of each so you can scratch any car itch that comes along! ;-)

Unfortunately, the Porsche dealer in Cayman is really slow when it needs to be maintained. The last time I took it in I had to wait many months for some rust cut out, air flow meter and other minor items. When it came back other things weren't working since they had the dash apart. I've had enough. Originally I wasn't going to sell it but now I will. I've had it 13 years. Driven it all through Europe etc.

What's the Atom like?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
What's the Atom like?

The Atom is pure driving nirvana. Blistering acceleration (0-60 in 2.7 seconds for the S/C K24), surgical handling (will pull 3 Gs on the track with slicks), and incredibly exotic and rare. Everything else feels like you're driving a couch after getting out of an Atom. :rockon:

Case-in-point, I have a client who also owns one of the 50 Lexus LFA Nurburgring edition cars that were built ($475K). Since taking delivery of his Atom 3, it's the car he chooses when it's time to go have some fun on the canyon roads. I think that speaks volumes.

Of course, if it starts raining out, you're going to get wet in the Atom!

If you haven't seen the Top Gear episode about what the Atom is like to drive, it's a must watch: Ariel Atom - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
SVT told me my order is at the Body Shop.
My Vin. #.
My unit is schuled for 8/12/13.
What point is this on the assembly line.
What is next.
Any one know.

Hi Joe there are alotof threads on this

But your car is currently be readied to be put together.

Next step is to put the engine etc in the chassis. Should be together by Wednesday (if its not already).

Then it awaits shipment to your dealer

Users who are viewing this thread