So...what windshield wiper fluid?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
So this might seem like a strange question...but...I guess I just never thought about it. Had a 2007 Tundra since late 2006 and my Mustang since early 2011. Never once has either needed windshield wiper fluid. The mustang sure does now. I can only assume this is because it is a DD and winter time the windshield just continues to ice over and over agian and so I either wait till the car warms up or clean the ice off with windshield wiper fluid.

So anyway...I need new fluid...any recommendations? Car is still a DD that will be driven rain/sleet/snow/apocalypse.

If not i'll just pickup whatever looks good at npautoriellysvance parts somewhere.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Just grab whatever is on sale. The winter stuff has more methanol in it, we don't really need it here in Tx. though.

I know the question seems dumb haha. I just didn't know if some was better than others. I know my parents HATE the rainx stuff because it makes the windshield look foggy at times, but else wise no one ever talks about windshield wiper fluid.

Guess I'll just buy some $2 cheap blue stuff.

CorDog009

Established Member
I've had good luck with regular rainx on my wifes Jeep, haven't used it on anything else though. When I wax a vehicle I do the windshield and windows too, always have for some reason, and it works pretty good too. Yea grab the $2 stuff, it's usually good to -40* anyway.

01GTB

Established Member
It doesn't freeze too often around here, so I use P21S concentrate and distilled water. Works really well. I would think you could use water and methanol/alcohol and mix with it.

BUCKET

Established Member
Washer tank and factory fluid weighed 8lbs on corner of car. So I removed it, washed cleaned, Clay'd and sealed the glass. Water runs away, bugs come off easier. I just keep it clean

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
I really like Einszett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate mixed with a gallon of distiller water. Makes about 7 gallons with one small bottle. I really like it. Makes the windshield pretty slick and removes junk nicely.

ebrow21

Established Member
Whatever is cheap plus the rain x concentrate. Works well for my vehicles, and no more manual rain-x application. I also wax/seal all my exterior glass when the paint needs attention.

A note of caution, anything with ammonia will fade your cowl plastics.

scott_0

Established Member
Washer tank and factory fluid weighed 8lbs on corner of car. So I removed it, washed cleaned, Clay'd and sealed the glass. Water runs away, bugs come off easier. I just keep it clean
lol, we're talking street cars here, but w/e floats your boat right?

What on earth is going on here? So people are actually clay bar'ing and waxing WINDSHIELDS now? hahahahahaa what the heck?!?!? :??::??::??:
you should try it sometime, youd be amazed :beer:

I like the orange Rain-X, reminds me of Tang.
lol just dont drink it, Id imagine it would kill you :xpl:

87hatchy

Established Member
I'll have to try it. I thought waxing glass would leave a hazy look to it...

But anyways, the orange rainX is pretty good. After you use it and it rains, water will bead off your glass like water on waxed paint...or water on waxed glass lol.

BUCKET

Established Member
Windex? I can no longer offer any more advice...... Hahahha. Kidding

Ammonia based cleaners can wreck stuff, plastics, tint, etc. you would be surprised how much stuff stays on that glass after you wipe it down.

And absolutely street car, has kid seat in back and all.

Users who are viewing this thread