So who's gone from Long tubes back to Manifolds?

Mbiro594

Established Member
Good lord the cam sound is so glorious, how much does it cost and what is the recommended brand? Not planning on anything major besides a posi race port in the future

olympic

Established Member
Good lord the cam sound is so glorious, how much does it cost and what is the recommended brand? Not planning on anything major besides a posi race port in the future

I bought the car with the cams installed so I can't quote an exact price. The cams, springs and retainers list for around $2k and depending on the amount of lift, you'll need a bunch of clearance work on the heads to clear the lobes. Custom pistons may also be needed. If your car is anything more than a weekend toy I'd recommend against big cams. Driveability goes out the window, tuning becomes much more difficult and charge temps go through the roof. I have a Killer Chiller and charge temps will still get out of control on a hot day in low speed city driving.

I do love the sound though and the way the whole car shakes at idle...lol! I've wanted a car with the "big cam lope" ever since I was 8 years old and my older brother had a cammed big block Camaro! :burnout:

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Since I'm still pretty bummed about the way the car sounds I might go this route... Right now it has Kooks 1" 5/8 LTHs, off-road x and Borla Stingers. Car hasn't had a on dyno tune yet, just a few revisions to richen the mixture but as stated in another thread, pop and 4V sound is gone.

My current set up is a 2.2L Kenne Bell which I don't foresee going away in the future. So IMO there's not much gain for me to run headers other than the sound. Plus it only makes future inevitable jobs such as changing starters and clutches more difficult.

Thoughts are welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all of that effort to put the LT's on I would put a Catted X in places of the OR. That should calm it down a little.

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I figured. Who did your tune?

Also, like the other guy. In for a vid :beer:

I forgot about this thread.. Tony at tuners inc in Orange park, FL did my tune. I didn't ask for the decel pop, but it as there after the tune.

Unfortunately I don't really have any sound clips of me doing fly bys or anything, but here are some that I do have with me in the car. The car is torn apart right now or I would get you some. I took the Kooks long tubes off to put them on my Cammed Mystichrome.. It will have the same set up as I had on the blue car, but the cams are going to make it sound ridiculous. I'll probably end up switching the catback for something a little more tame.

th_20160809_142805_zpspg3cedti.jpg

th_20160809_142932_zpsaxf9hluf.jpg

th_20160809_143304_zpsab5i6puc.jpg

th_20160415_143850_zpsof0qccsi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread