SoCal Tune Day 8/16

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Oh :eek: U still have all three cars?

yup, I was going to sell the lx and buy a streetbike, but I want to keep it and build a 347 for it, i just cant get rid of my mustangs, but I need one of the new body style and my collection might be complete:-D

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
At least none I can see on the boost gauge, or feel by the seat of my pants. There was belt residue on the pulley gaurd when I took it off, but I just don't feel the slip like I did before.

Dave, what size shot are you gonna run? It should be fun trying to harness all that new torque, especially when you are still trying to master what you have already.

jonas

Established Member
cancer on a stick?

Thank god I never started. Besides health risks, its an expensive habbit. Its a mod a month!!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
" We are all grown men here, each fully capable of making decisions on our own. I'll leave it at that."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam -- what forum did you visit?
JW

David,
It could be an interesting day with a bunch of cars and a blend of 'dyno' and 'tune'. Better be sure Danny can stand the chaos.
:coolman:
JW

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Congrats Dave!:beer:

There goes my HP advantage. Especially with that NX kit. Unless you spin through every gear.

Learning to handle all that should be fun.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
You should at least get that HP. I got 448 SAE with a badly slipping 2.93". I think you should get the torque you want too. Though I only got 447, again, my pulley was slipping bad through the first half of the rpm range.
Now when you dyno with the N2O, you'll most likely be over 500 HP and around 600 TQ!:eek: You should probably buy a box of Depends, for use while you get adjusted to all that new get up and go.:burnout: :thumbsup:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Hey, I called Danny about the bung. He wouldn't tell me the size. He said to just take it to HIS muffler shop guy. He said it would be like $20-25, like you said. That guy is definately NOT Mr. Personality. He must be a good tuner, because it's not his glowing persona that has people going to him. The guy that tuned my car may not have had much experience with modded '03s, but at least he was a cool guy you could bs with.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Well, I guess I'm just going to have to go to his guy. He says the guy already knows exactly what it is and where to put it. I saw yours at the track. I can't believe he can't remember your name. He is obviously not someone who was meant for sales. Any good businessman has to be able to remember peoples names. It just makes them feel like you don't care if you don't.

But, you are right. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TUNE. As long as he can do THAT right, we're cool.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks for the pics.

You have an impact wrench in your garage? Nice.:beer: When I grow up, I want to have all that kinda stuff in my garage too. I should probably buy an old beater to practice on.

The bolt may be 19mm, but I think I need to know the size of the thread. I asked him if it was something I could buy at a parts store or something, and he said no. If he would just tell me what exact size I need to get, I could just get it from Home Depot, and take it to my uncle. All I have to do is have him put it on the driver's side of the x, before the cats. That seems simple enough. I don't know why he couldn't just tell me.:shrug:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Impact Wrench was from Walmart & guess how much?

$35.00 bucks :shrug: It works good so i dont care how cheap it was :beer: ... it does the job ;-)

I bought one of those for my dad for christmas last year, it does work pretty good

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hey poisonous, somebody stole your cats! ;-) are you doing the nx install before the tune? would love to see your numbers. :)

re: danny's personality, you're right, he doesn't say much but everybody says he's the man. i called him up asking about a tune a month or so ago and i think the call lasted 2 minutes w/ me talking 1.5 of those minutes. "this is how much it's gonna cost and this is how long it's gonna take." he's probably got so much going on at the shop, in his head, etc. that calls take away from the time he could be spending tuning.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Dave, I just checked around online, a weld-in bung for an O2 sensor costs about $10. The cheapest I saw was $8, but that doesn't include shipping. I'll just take it to his guy.

Users who are viewing this thread