Sold a busted up/rusted TH400..

Trav40111

Banned
i have been at home under the weather so i never made it to the shop yesterday or today. ill talk with the guys about passing on the info as that was not your fault.

theres no sense in deleting this now that is has been made, its too late to go back on anything now. i think we could have handled this through pms and then if i was being shady or wrong bash all you want.

now all you can do is post the end result in me either

A. making this right or
B. not making it right.

you may have not had the intentions to flippin out or taking further action but by making a thread about it you did. like i said you didnt even give me a day to reply to you. you started making threads the same day you got the trans and sent me a pm and gave me a phone call.

either way it is what it is and we'll get it settled and move on. i have no hard feelings either, let this be a learning lesson for all of us.

get me that info Travis and ill take care of it asap. thanks

Luis.. once this is resolved, I will post up my experience, however it goes. People will see that you resolved it, and that should be the end of it. If you're a stand up guy (as you seem to be), then, you have nothing to worry about.

I think that you could have saved yourself from all of this hassle, with a little better packaging. I know that you said that you never opened the boxes, but, IMO, that's not how I would do things. If I sell something, I know exactly what I'm selling, and I make sure that it's packaged to withstand the rigors of freight shipping. I've been doing this for 10 years, and a little TLC can go a long way.

Maybe I jumped the gun, a little.. and I appologize if it came off as trying to hurt your reputation. I was angry about the condition of the trans, and I guess I should have just slept on it/waited for you to reply.

Travis

2 ROWDY

Established Member
Glad to see things getting worked out.... Luis is a very stand up guy... i bought a set of heads from him and he took very good care of me. even went as far as delivering them to coastal for me.

I would vouch for him in a heartbeat

+1

Luis is a good guy and runs an honest shop...

Many of my friends have had work done at his shop and purchased parts through him - they have all been pleased! I've heard/seen nothing but good things about him and his shop!

He has a vendor spot on my forum (www.grabalane.com) because I know he is legit and honest; I would not represent any dishonest shop on my board...

I'm sure he will do his best to make it right! :)

-Steve

Last edited:

Trav40111

Banned
Luis has been VERY fair with me on this whole deal.. Pretty much offering whatever I want in terms of getting this resolved.

Travis

Trav40111

Banned
Yup.. I dropped it off yesterday. It will be ready to go by Tuesday/Wednesday. They are tearing it down, and blasting the parts that had surface rust, and putting it all back together for me. I am having them tear it all the way down, to make sure that it's got the parts that it's supposed to have. I'm also going to have to pay to have the bell housing and flex plate inspected/recertified, as the stickers have been removed. I paid 1K for it, plus 200 bucks for shipping.. then, my bill at the trans shop will most likely be anywhere from 3-500 bucks. The front pump did not fit properly with the bell housing, so it has to be replaced. The bolt pattern was different for some reason. Anyway.. If it sells, then, I'll probably just stick with a T56, and if not, I'll be running the automatic.

Travis

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I am sure both parties will come to a sound conclusion... I know Luis and Dave and the guys at the shop also... Stand up dudes fo sho! SNEEK!!! is that blurbo'd beast ready yet???

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
I am sure both parties will come to a sound conclusion... I know Luis and Dave and the guys at the shop also... Stand up dudes fo sho! SNEEK!!! is that blurbo'd beast ready yet???

thanks to everyone who had good things to say about me, the shop, and my reputation. it is greatly appreciated to say the least and all of you that do know me, know the type of guy i am.

i make things right and screwing people over is not something i do or even consider. things have been settled with travis and hopefully he post up his experience through all of this/ end result.

JayVee, the beast is ready to go and i have been driving her for about a week now and shes going great!!!

i need to get some C16 or Q16 and get a retune for that extra power!!!

did you get another foxbody???

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
thanks to everyone who had good things to say about me, the shop, and my reputation. it is greatly appreciated to say the least and all of you that do know me, know the type of guy i am.

i make things right and screwing people over is not something i do or even consider. things have been settled with travis and hopefully he post up his experience through all of this/ end result.

JayVee, the beast is ready to go and i have been driving her for about a week now and shes going great!!!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Nah jk... YES I DID! And project "1BadFox II" is on its way... She is definitely a lil ruff...But some loving and details have been already given some attention in the powah department and purchased some afr 185's for the already planted 306 motor... In a toss up to keep the C4 or swap out for the T5 swap I also purchased...Definitely needs some guts... But also purchased HEAD LINER, CARPET, DOOR PANELS and SUN VISORS... Dash is in very good shape and center console ~ Ehhhhh, decent... Needs LOTS of window seal and gasket replacement...But killing 2 birds with one stone, at this point it would be much easier to just tear down and paint then replace...I NEED PAINT! Hook me up Sneeks! anyone u know? Call me so we can shoot the shiz... PM'd u... Gotta come by and check out the BEAUTIFUL BEAST! Take Care!

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Apparently, I was banned, because I had 2 screen names. I had joined up here years ago, but, had forgotten about doing so. When I went to register, recently, I tried to use my screen name that I have gone by for 10 years (Trav4011). However, it said that the name was taken.. I remembered signing up, however, the email account that I used back then is no longer around (deleted). So, I had no way to get a hold of my password.

So, I added another "1" to the name, and just re-registered with "Trav40111". I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, I was banned for this. I think it's pretty silly.. So, I rejoined with this screen name, and I'm going to attempt to get them to unban my old name. I can understand the management not wanting you to have multiple names, but, it wasn't done intentionally, or with malice in mind. I simply couldn't remember my old password, and didn't have access to my old email from years ago to retrieve it.

Travis

Blown2004Stang

Established Member

Luis has been cool throughout this whole ordeal.. He has entertained every idea that I've come up with, from repairing the trans, to returning it for a refund. In the end, I chose to keep the box, and have it repaired. Luis compensated me for an amount that we both considered as "fair"..

I jumped the gun on making this thread, and for that, I will apologize. I should have given him a few days to respond to PM's..

Travis

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Dude.. that dog in your avatar looks awesome.. I've got two of them, myself..

Jasmine5.jpg

Jasmine.jpg

PennyLazy.jpg

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread