sold my 03 cobra didn't get a c6 z06..... got another snake :)

hey11101

Established Member
after selling the cobra I was looking at c6 z06 and even though it is a great car I was not "in love with it" so I started looking at viper since I wanted one for 19 years. I looked at gen 2 which looks great from the outside but I wanted to step it up with the interior after having the cobra, gen 3 cars were almost the same price but I wasn't crazy about the looks. The gen 5 had everything I wanted which were the looks, inside and out as well as the power. I found one 250mi away from me and we took the trip out to pick the car up. It is a gen 5 2013 with 3K miles the gts model. I wish I had better pics but I only had it for a couple of days and the weather here is not too great still for "nice pics" actually we might be getting snow again tomorrow..... anyways enjoying the car/ getting used to it have not taken the traction control off yet, future mods will be exhaust, tints, and I want to get get that clear bra for the front while the car is new to prevent rock chips ( anyone know of good places to get this done around chicago/burbs ? ) anyways here is some pics of the car I took at the dealer.

PART_1426892749692_IMG_20150318_183144056_zpsu8s0rmh5.jpg

20150318_183117_zpssuz94uke.jpg

In a weird way I still miss my 03 cobra, not sure if it because I had it for almost 3 years and I am so used to it or what, the viper still feels foreign to me, but that might change with time we will see.

Last edited:

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
Congrats. If you're out cruising or at a show and see a Teal 93 Cobra, that's me.
Body-skins.com they're in South Elgin. I haven't dealt with them but have heard of a couple people that did and like them.

liter of cola

Established Member
sold cobra buys a viper and misses the cobra... now thats a mustang guy. :rockon:

if u want a mustang i'll trade you for my 2014 5.0 lol

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Excellent choice! Those Gen5 Viper run very strong and respond really well to mods. Headers, exhaust and tune it will be a total different car. Congrats on the purchase!

72SBC

Established Member
I've been debating a new Viper myself, had a 96 GTS, sold it and got my Cobra. PM me on the price details if you don't mind.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I figured it was a Viper. Wasn't expecting it to be a Gen3, though. Gorgeous GPS! Very nice upgrade for sure. I understand you saying that in a way you miss your '03 Cobra. Two very different cars in a lot of ways. The slap you in the face power/torque. Unforgettable V8 sound. Rough around the edges. But.....it hurts so good. ;-) How can you go wrong with either beast.

hey11101

Established Member
Very different driving styles between the 2, as far as exhaust sound the cobras with borla exhaust was incredible mixed in with the supercharger whine. The v10 sounds pretty good stock, you know you are driving something special also has pretty cool popping sounds on deceleration so I think with a full exhaust it should only get better. Someone asked the price on here that was part of the reason I pulled the trigger brand new gts models went for 125K in 2013 this one they were asking 83,000 I got them down to 81,500 so the out the door price with tax it was 87,000 which in my eyes was a steal considering this is low production hand built car with 48% carbon fiber on the body panels, wides rear tire (355), most tq from na motor etc hell some people I know pay more for hellcats then I did for my viper, but each to his own I guess. Btw I saw 2013 red gts (with the tan interior) gts on florida in the 70s so deals can be had if looked around.

liter of cola

Established Member
i woulda went for a wide body super snake or i woulda put my name down for a 2016 gt350

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Seriously cool car. I hope to one day be able to pick one up. 87k is a steal too.

Users who are viewing this thread