Sold my cobra, here's my new toy

1.8t

Established Member
Watch out for the GM electronics. Most of the time removing power from the battery can solve any issue lol.

Last edited:

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
Congrats man and nice upgrade.

Manual or auto???

Stock???

thanks!:pop: it's a 6-speed manual, mostly stock except for the wheels, a nice double din pioneer XXX-6000DVD touchscreen, and a corsa catback. that'll probably be changing over the winter though.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Very nice ride! If all the Cobra guys are going over to C6's, then maybe I can pick up a nice 03/04 Cobra for cheap...:D

Almo

Established Member
C6 LS3s with some mods/gear can put down 440 to the wheels... lighter drag wheel/tire can put the car between 7.10s to 7.30s. Great times considering it usually take a TS Cobras w/600 to the wheels to do the same. Not to forget, C6 LS3 is doing so in NA form. :rockon:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
yea everyone has v6s. I hardly see GTs, mach 1s and cobras. So NO its not compared to mustangs, because a v6 isnt considered a stang...

yea and all the mustangs that actually matter are getting sold for vettes. you cant compare a car that can be sold to all types of people, to a car that can only be sold to a higher class of person. thats like comparing the sales of a bugatti to a honda. :rollseyes

You missed the point. It sounded like you were saying vettes are a dime a dozen. My point is that it's ironic that a Stang owner would suggest that a Vette is a common car. Especially compared to a Stang- got it?:shrug:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Good looking vette bro...need pics showing those wheels in bright light though...I've perused the Ruff Racing stuff on Ebay and they arent too high in price, wondering how they actually look (quality-wise) in person? Inquiring minds want to know!

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
You missed the point. It sounded like you were saying vettes are a dime a dozen. My point is that it's ironic that a Stang owner would suggest that a Vette is a common car. Especially compared to a Stang- got it?:shrug:

what your missing the point is there are NO, repeat that NO cobras or mach 1s here. What dont you get?

01svtL

Established Member
Nice car.

Yea I see way more Vettes here too (than Cobra's anyway), and most are driven less spirited than the Asian lady in the Corolla in the lane next to them. It just seems like a waste to me. If all you want is a nice car to look at, buy a fuggin BMW or Mercedes you old bastard, haha.

I will be picking up a sports car of some sort in a few years and want to say that it will be a Termi, simply b/c I don't want to buy a Chevy, but the performance will be hard to pass up. I really don't care for the interiors in either the C5 or C6 either, but again, performance may play out over the rest in the end. Nice interiors are what MY Bimmer is for haha.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The only car that you don't see a ton of in that group is the Terminator.

I'm a little offended :D I see more Cobras than Mach's where I live and here in CA right now. I'm in the market for a C5Z soon, but keeping the Mach. :beer:

01svtL

Established Member
what your missing the point is there are NO, repeat that NO cobras or mach 1s here. What dont you get?

He's saying that you are claiming there are none THERE, when you just ripped on the other guy for seeing them EVERYWHERE in HIS area, and said that his experience doesn't mean that's how it is everywhere, but you are doing EXACTLY the same thing. YOUR personaly sightings and experiences doesn't mean that that is how it is everywhere either!

However, I do agree that there are WAY more Vettes on the road. There is a reason for this though, let's look at productions numbers. Aren't there more Vettes produced in a single year than there were Cobra's?

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Nice C6 why is everyone goin to a c6 because with the prices they are being sold for everyone can pretty much afford them.

New Z06"s are 16k off a sticker right now. buy now fully loaded $63k and change a typical $77,750 2lz chrome wheels with nav 2007 with under 5k miles u can bUy for mid to low 50"s. 2006 z06 with 15k miles mid to high 40"s... The resale value of those cars are dirt right now 30k mile 2005-2007 normal c6"s loaded are low to mid 30"s right now. GM"s fault for flooding the lots and not waiting like FORD is WITH the 2009 SUPERDUTYS for the 08"s to clear out. There are over 200 untitled 2007"s C6"s sitting on lots still thousands 08"s and 09"s are on the lots. Remember when the c6Z06 was 10k over dealers held on to corvettes to long turning down 2-5k under sticker offers they did not change with the economy. I do not feel sorry now that they are losing all there profits for the most part now. Funny a 26k at new 1998 cobra with 15k miles goes for 12k now... A new corvette right now as soon as u title it dumps 40% of its value right then and there. Welcome to our economy. Yet a 5k mile 2003 cobra can still bring 28k that stickered for 34k strange world lol.

I am a ford guy straight up but at least all the defectors are sticking with a domestic NOT SOME JAP CRAP. and one of the finest examples america has that people can afford to buy right now c6 corvette. By the way I do car locating on the side if ur looking for a c6 and can"t find what u want PM me be happy to help.

Last edited:

1.8t

Established Member
I'm a little offended :D I see more Cobras than Mach's where I live and here in CA right now. I'm in the market for a C5Z soon, but keeping the Mach. :beer:

Mach 1's certainly are nowhere near as common as GT's, but they are seen more often around here than Cobras. The most accurate way to compare would be production numbers from the Mach versus the Cobra. Then there is no guessing.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The most accurate way to compare would be production numbers from the Mach versus the Cobra. Then there is no guessing.

Roughly 17000 for Machs and 19000 for Cobras. Pretty damn close in my book. :beer: I'm having a hell of a time finding a white C5Z though.

Oh, to the OP, sick looking C6! :rockon: I love those wheels on there.

Wintermute

Banned
you prove no point? Just because you see them in your area doesnt mean you will in another area? In the past year i have only seen 3 terminators and 1 99 cobra, occasionally like once a week i see a new edge GT but thats about it. I see vettes EVERY DAMN HOUR.

Hardly any vettes up here. I've only seen one other lemans C5Z and I get constant comments. Just depends on your locale I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread