Sold my Trans Am, replaced with SB Cobra (slightly big pics)

r6bullet

Established Member
I have had the T/A for around two years and really liked to drive it. I have been on this site for a little while and like most people I have wanted a Cobra since 2003. I found myself in the position to where I could finially get one, all I had to do was sell the T/A. I sold the T/A about two weeks ago and found this car on this site, flew down to Dallas to pick it up and drove it problem free 8hrs back home to KS. Car has 39k miles on it and being a used car it does have its scratches and nicks but I really like it. I got the car a few days ago but have been driving it around so no time for the internet. Anyways the car is 100% stock and runs great. If I was going to say anything about it though I would have to comment on the drivetrain "clunk", that may get a little old and have been reading up on it. I expected it when buying a cobra but I wish it was a little less harsh, also getting used to this cable clutch will take a little time as the T/A was hyd. Anyways here are some quick pictures of when I got it and at the car wash.

So glad I got one, I love it!!!
Cobra011.jpg

Cobra022.jpg

Cobra042.jpg

Cobra090.jpg

Cobra092.jpg

Cobra094.jpg

Cobra099.jpg

Cobra102.jpg

Cobra105.jpg

Cobra121.jpg

Cobra124.jpg

Cobra129.jpg

r6bullet

Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
Drivetrain clunk?

Yea, most 03/04 cobras will do it. Drivetrain will clunk when coasting then getting back into the throttle.

And yes, untouched SB cobra. Worth the 8hr drive I think, plus I think I got a good deal on it.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
r6bullet said:
Yea, most 03/04 cobras will do it. Drivetrain will clunk when coasting then getting back into the throttle.

And yes, untouched SB cobra. Worth the 8hr drive I think, plus I think I got a good deal on it.
Wow, Ive never heard that before. Ive heard about the tic and all but never that. Hmmm.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
One day I will get my SB. I saw that on the market congrats with the purchase, i say put a mean exhaust on it and start from there!

SVTBMG

Banned
Good find, and the hardest color to find in good shape. Have fun and get rid of those whimpy little tires on the back and put some MEATS on there and lower it. I would highly suggest all black Saleens with 1/2" spacers on H&R race springs. My friends has one just like that and it is nothing short of rad looking with the tinte windows.

mrose75

Established Member
Congrats. Looks good. Now you just need to wash, dry and wax. Then take pics!!! Drivetrine "clunk" is normal. I'm used to it now. What are your mod plans??

Users who are viewing this thread