Sold the L (cry)

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Well its final. I traded in the L. I ended up getting more than I paid for it on the trade. I ended up getting a 2005.5 VW Jetta GLI. The reason for getting rid of the L is because I bought a house and my roommate ditched me. I had no way of affording everything, especially driving 75 miles a day to work. I'm sorta happy with my car but I miss the L dearly. I will still continue to browse and post on the forums cause this is one cool place. Once I get back on my feet I will be looking for a L. But until then I will be driving this beer car.

For those interested about the car. It's a 1.8L turbo with 6 speed tranny. Comes stuck with a whopping 200hp. I'm getting it chipped and a diverter valve put on tomorrow and I should be around 230-250hp. The car stock runs around 15.1 @93mph. It has excellent interior with Recaro racing seats, and has 8 speaker audio system. On freeway I'm getting around 27-30mph(only good thing).

Pics below.

10016sz.jpg

10023vo.jpg

10051hi.jpg

Straps on Flame suit :burn:

charles6

Established Member
Good looking car man. A buddy of mine has a silver '03 jetta 1.8l turbo. The turbo's are cool. Hopefully I'll have my L till I die! lol

-Brad

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
That's a shame......A house is more important though. I may end up re-financing mine or doing the same as you. :(

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
scuba-matt said:
Chris just find a woman with a big bank roll :D

Thats whats funny, this girl was going to be paying half of monthly payment. But she couldnt take it anymore not living at home. Oh well, hopefully by 2009 there might be a new L and cya VW.

Mystic1199

Established Member
sux man , but like someone said a house is more important .... i was actaully thinking about selling my L and buy a house or condo ...but my cobra is going to go first then maybe if push comes to shoove the L but hopefully i will keep the truck and the bike and be all set ...good luck with the new car

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'm headed down the same road. Damn DC house market. I thought I'd be able to keep it, but looks as if its going to have to go in the near future :cry:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Chi3f said:
i'm hoping i dont' have to sell my truck, goin to look at a house in a couple hours :(

I've looked at like 10 in the last 2 weeks. I put an offer in on one on Tuesday, but it was rejected and someone else's was accepted. Oh well, there's more out there.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
damn im glad i live with my parents...well hopefully ill be out soon if i join the Air Force

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I use to live with the parents but couldnt take it anymore. They were getting pissed with me stumbling in the house @2 drunk. So I made the decision and bought a hous. I'm happy now, dont have to worry about who I bring up

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
yeah thats why i wanna leave...but i cant afford it if i keep my truck...so i been thinking about the military and the Air Force has just what i wanna do

Users who are viewing this thread