Sold the L for a Dodge

typhoon43

Established Member
StrangeHighways said:
sounds like an April fools joke to me

ditto.

Although I did sell my Typhoon when I graduated college because I thought it was the "grown up" thing to do.

I still smell shenanigans though!

If it's true, I vote ban as well :-D

boost00

Established Member
im in college, 2 hours away from home and i drive a L. ehh dont see the big deal with driving one on campus :shrug:

SVT Knight

Established Member
im in my last yr of high school and the L is the best thing sitting there. i lit a burnout the other day leaving, the cops came later i was told. That right there is the reason why i wouldnt trade it. Especially not to a dodge

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Why not just get a cheap commuter car, and keep the L? Oh well, good luck in school!

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Dumbest decision I have ever heard of.

I had 2 Dodges, a 04 Dually Diesel that never left the dealership because it would surge and stall, and then finally the fuel system took a shit in -38C weather up on the Alberta/NWT border on a back road to a rig, I stayed in the hospital for 2 days and still have minimumal feeling in my feet from frost bite and hypothermia; The company I worked for auctioned off every Dodge in the fleet and I got a settlement. The other Dodge I had for 1 minute that replaced my Ford F-350 when I sold bits, 10 seconds later I told my boss thanks for the new truck, but I' am a man of my word and you buy me a Dodge and I Quit. Best decision I ever made.

Hope you have better luck with the Dodge than people up here in Canada are, that truck is going to kill you.

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
Yeah man i am a freshman in college right now, i am about an hour away from home...The L sits at home, you can walk anywhere on campus, and bum a ride from one of your buddies if you need to...

I like the new truck tho, good luck!

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
my collage is about a 65 mile round trip 4 day a week, and I work in the oppisite direction about the same dis. so I drive about 600 miles a week but it is just more fun in a L

samiam513

Banned
I wish I could keep my truck at ym parents house while I am in school. They live 8 hrs away.

I drive a mustang in the winter, and the lightning off and on in the summer. I would not sell the L becasue of college.

Let me dispell two myths the movies try to make college have...

You do not get laid on the first day of freshman year by some really hot blonde who knocks on your door becasue she wants some penis cake.

College is not a big party.You will be in your dorm studying more than you are with your friends, truck, on your phone, taking a shit, beating off, eating, sleeping, drinking, hurling in the toilet, blowing your nose, scratching your butt etc etc etc...

Just thought I would clue you in before you go and drop out after a semester.

02TrueBlu

Established Member
im just a college kid, independent and im keep the L... not seeing what the problem is.. but whatever makes you sleep good at night

SADF

Established Member
I've had my L since I started college. I've got my associates now, that doesn't mean Im going to sell the L. I don't see how the L is a bad idea on a college campus. Id rather have it there than high school, that is what you just finished right? I couldn't imagine having an L in h.s., then I would kill myself.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
I need 4x4 we have snow here why would i keep something that i can only drive 3 months out of the year.

It doesnt make sense to me, plus it has a warranty, it gets better gas mileage, its easy to drive 2 hours with out being annoying, i have way more room, im not as anal with it being dirty, my parents didn't like the idea of me having a L at school, i dont have to pay for high test, i can drive it in snow/rain, it rides a lot nicer, no more mod bug.

I dont care what you did in school every ones circumstances are different, i cant afford to have a dd and a lightning i would have no where to keep the thing if i did. I dont really see the point in keeping it?

Last edited:

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
hahaha hey man F it. YOU know what YOU need. It does suck but obviously it was a hard choice for you. Good luck..............you'll be back hopefully :)

red00lght

Established Member
You have to know you are going to get flamed going to a Dodge....:nonono: however I too have been in your shoes. When I told the guys on SSSilverado.com that I sold my SS and bought a Lightning they gave me a ton of crap over it.....

I don't buy the statement that your urge to mod has gone away. Once a modder...always a modder. Just look at my daily driver Kia...POS already has an intake and exhaust! :rollseyes

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
red00lght said:
You have to know you are going to get flamed going to a Dodge....:nonono: however I too have been in your shoes. When I told the guys on SSSilverado.com that I sold my SS and bought a Lightning they gave me a ton of crap over it.....

I don't buy the statement that your urge to mod has gone away. Once a modder...always a modder. Just look at my daily driver Kia...POS already has an intake and exhaust! :rollseyes
LOL your right, idk if i would take it as far as you kia tho haha:lol:

02TrueBlu

Established Member
seems like someone got a little butt hurt. do what you gotta do, i sure as hell wouldnt have gotten a dodge....

what is this high test you speak of?

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
02TrueBlu said:
seems like someone got a little butt hurt. do what you gotta do, i sure as hell wouldnt have gotten a dodge....

what is this high test you speak of?
94 Octane

Users who are viewing this thread