Soldier and girlfriend savagely beaten in Philadelphia after parade

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ok. After reading the story, I say it's pure horse hocky. He was "savagely beaten" in the face, yet has no cuts, bruises or swelling?? He's being deployed to "the Middle East?" Why no specific country? That's not classified info. I've been out of the Army for a while, but shouldn't he have a battalion crest on his beret (in the center of the blue patch)? There were no witnesses of 3 white people getting jumped?

This has all the dog whistles to pull Alt-Righters aka White Nationalists out of the woodwork with their nonsense. I bet it'll turn out this guy is a stolen valor fraud.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
something seems off here. No description of the attackers? Streets are littered with people for that parade. No witnesses? Nothing?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Ok. After reading the story, I say it's pure horse hocky. He was "savagely beaten" in the face, yet has no cuts, bruises or swelling?? He's being deployed to "the Middle East?" Why no specific country? That's not classified info. I've been out of the Army for a while, but shouldn't he have a battalion crest on his beret (in the center of the blue patch)? There were no witnesses of 3 white people getting jumped?

This has all the dog whistles to pull Alt-Righters aka White Nationalists out of the woodwork with their nonsense. I bet it'll turn out this guy is a stolen valor fraud.

Not saying that you aren't right, but the picture looks something like family day after Basic/AIT. That would be why he doesn't have anything there. We also haven't worn those in quite some time, so it's an older picture.

As for the Middle East part, current deployments are typically under "Operation Spartan Shield", which is technically Kuwait, and then you are usually farmed out to other countries from there, with Iraq being the primary. "Operation Inherent Resolve" is the current operation in Iraq, and is limited on soldiers/etc due to politics. Long story short, he may have had no clue where he was going.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member

Not saying that you aren't right, but the picture looks something like family day after Basic/AIT. That would be why he doesn't have anything there. We also haven't worn those in quite some time, so it's an older picture.

As for the Middle East part, current deployments are typically under "Operation Spartan Shield", which is technically Kuwait, and then you are usually farmed out to other countries from there, with Iraq being the primary. "Operation Inherent Resolve" is the current operation in Iraq, and is limited on soldiers/etc due to politics. Long story short, he may have had no clue where he was going.

Users who are viewing this thread