Solid Axle vs IRS

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am dealing with adjustable Koni struts and shocks now. What a PITA. I wish I had just put the $ toward some Bilstein Sports from MM.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have KW Variant 3 coilovers, adjustable rebound and compression, spring rate is 400lbs I believe

400's are front and rear? 400's should be ok i the front but with a sra it's probably too stiff. I believe if the compression was set too stiff that could be your reason for a bumpy ride.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
front and rear yes.

I'm not too worried about the bumpy ride, it was just something to point out because around here most people think setting the shocks to the stiffest setting is the best which is simply not true.
it just needs some time put into adjusting, driving, readjusting, driving until we find the perfect setup.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
front and rear yes.

I'm not too worried about the bumpy ride, it was just something to point out because around here most people think setting the shocks to the stiffest setting is the best which is simply not true.
it just needs some time put into adjusting, driving, readjusting, driving until we find the perfect setup.

I would start them at the neutral position and then try adjusting them from that point. Make big adjustmens in both directions so you know which is the right and wrong way to adjust. Then fine tune from that point.

FWIW

racebronco2

Established Member
Most track cars do not use 400lb springs for the rear. i would agree with bruce, start neutral or soft and make big adjustments. Once you find the best setting make small adjustments from there.

Users who are viewing this thread