Solid differential spacer results

Softballer77

Established Member
Tom, Ford used 3.31s only to get the 200mph, 60mph first gear and nice benefit of gas guzzler.
The 3.31s whine just like any other ratio with launching/sticky tires.
Guys don't swap gears and build rear ends to drive like miss daisy, so they get whine.
I still think the main issue is the 3-link UCA transmitting diff noise directly to the cabin, but I'm still hoping to find the fix that allows whine free 4.10s that take drag launches :)
-J

BiminiLX,

My 3.31s never did. I beat the holy piss out of them at the track on DRs and they were great. First drag day on the 4.10s and it was like a caged up cat back there.

I hear ya on the other stuff though. To be honest, I don't know why the reason is they whine. (or evidently in my case NOTABLY more than the stockers, but seems other's are more similiar to my case than not) And seems no one else does either.

The 3.90s are in and the shop should be wrapping up the install with that (with solid spacer), BPS brake relocation kit and MGW II today...

carguy19

Established Member
Spend the money and have the best shop you know do the rear end gears.

I have had a 14 GT500, more then 14 fox body cars (all with 3.55-4.56 gears and all in between), and I never had one of my cars whine..... the reason is that the person doing them takes twice as long and charges almost twice as much as everyone else. None of my cars ever made a peep, even some of my fox body cars that I removed the deadening material and rear seats were whisper quiet. ZERO WHINE.

If the work is done properly and measured and setup right, it wont make any noise.

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
Spend the money and have the best shop you know do the rear end gears.

I have had a 14 GT500, more then 14 fox body cars (all with 3.55-4.56 gears and all in between), and I never had one of my cars whine..... the reason is that the person doing them takes twice as long and charges almost twice as much as everyone else. None of my cars ever made a peep, even some of my fox body cars that I removed the deadening material and rear seats were whisper quiet. ZERO WHINE.

If the work is done properly and measured and setup right, it wont make any noise.
Correction one hard launch at the track and these gears are whining lol (for he people who don't know, I have his old 14)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I put the ford racing girdle on mine and havent had a hint of whine after the track yet. The cure for me was the girdle and my new Gear guy i had install the latest set if gears.

Users who are viewing this thread