some carbon fiber goodness, and some other updates

94slowbra1

Established Member
so i finally decided it was time to pull the trigger on some carbon fiber side splitters from carbon driven. i have been in contact with robert about these for a while now and decided it was time. anyway i got them the other day and i was very impressed with the quality. im all about mods that have a purpose either power wise or handling wise, these do neither but they look killer. i think they add just enough without going over board. also being on a black car they dont stick out. fit and finish were great and the overall outcome is perfect. no i just need my CF heat extractor hood from steve at TF and ill be all set.
while i was updating i did arp 3" rear studs and new tires (305 35 18 toyo r888 and 265 35 18 michelin pilot super sports). so ill show those off too.
the look of the car overall is coming together nicely. enjoy
IMG_20160609_104019192_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160608_155057226.jpg

IMG_20160609_103954707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160609_104136520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160608_154914819.jpg

IMG_20160608_154914819.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
hes got my money so im hoping for it soon. we have a big show down here in a couple of weeks i like to have it for. and more importantly id like to do some 1/2 mile runs after summer, the hood should help alot

94slowbra1

Established Member
id love a CF front lip, not sure what to do with the rear though? i also dont want to go overboard and have it look cheesy. the CF hood will be painted black to match except for the heat extractor vents
if you sign up on his site for updates it will email you when parts are back in stock. thats what i had to do with these. seems like they sell out as fast as they come in. im just glad they keep coming up with new items for cars that are 12 and 13 years old

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks nicely done, I personally am not a fan of the lips on the lower side moulding.

Edit: I think it's just because it's cf, if it was matching black I'd probably like the looks more.

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
Car looks nicely done, I personally am not a fan of the lips on the lower side moulding.

Edit: I think it's just because it's cf, if it was matching black I'd probably like the looks more.

They make them in a black fiberglass that is printable too. I wanted a subtle CF look and I think these do just that. I get what your saying though, not for everybody

94slowbra1

Established Member
Love you car, but not a fan of those. They just aren't needed. Looks cluttered IMO.

Totally understand, not for everyone. Good thing is if I get tired of them all I have to do is unbolt them.
Glad you like the rest of it though :beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They make them in a black fiberglass that is printable too. I wanted a subtle CF look and I think these do just that. I get what your saying though, not for everybody

That's cool they can easily be removed and put back on. Nicely done vert!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think it looks pretty good on that black vert! Your paint looks nice and detailed too....just don't forget to hit those fender wells, I see some dirt. Lol.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I think it looks pretty good on that black vert! Your paint looks nice and detailed too....just don't forget to hit those fender wells, I see some dirt. Lol.

Your right. The inner plastic should clean up easy. I'm going to have to work on the painted section. Hopefully a clay bar will take it off

wckdvnm

Established Member
id love a CF front lip, not sure what to do with the rear though? i also dont want to go overboard and have it look cheesy. the CF hood will be painted black to match except for the heat extractor vents
if you sign up on his site for updates it will email you when parts are back in stock. thats what i had to do with these. seems like they sell out as fast as they come in. im just glad they keep coming up with new items for cars that are 12 and 13 years old

I have the lip and if it ever drags it sounds so bad it just makes you cringe harder than anything. Mine was cracked and I repaired it so it was free but even with my increased clear coats it still hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread