Some Cobra Brake Upgrade Questions, what about rotors? Please Help

Matt94GT

Established Member
I have a set of 13" Cobra front brakes, calipers, rotors, hardware on its way.

I want to know if SS lines made for a 94-95 mustang will work with these brakes?

Also want to know if crossdrilled rotors help that much? I was looking at Brembo but the dealer im dealing with has some called Magnums which he says most perfer.

Quote from him "Magnum is also top quality rotors, everyone likes them, they are also directional which has better internal cooling, I would go with the Magnum over the Brembo" he says the Brembos are not directional "The vents on the front rotors of the Cobra (BREMBOS) are curved, and the left and right rotors has curved that is curved to the opposite direction."

Does any of that make sence to anyone? The magnum ones are cheaper by about $20.00

Also if I were to buy these its a front and rear kit, will the cobra specific rotors work with my stock GT brakes? I would assume so since there almost the same right?

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Matt94GT

Established Member
Ok ill prob go for brembo just liked the directional idea of those magnums.

are SS lines worth the $90 for the fronts?!!? :shrug:

Stock Stang

Established Member
Matt94GT said:
are SS lines worth the $90 for the fronts?!!? :shrug:

i would like to know this aswell, i just bought the cobra brake kit and it comes with the stock rubber cobra lines and i was thinking about picking up some SS ones.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Unless you do roadcourses and stuff often I wouldn't recommend slotted or cross-drilled rotors. The rotors will stay cooler and provide better braking but they'll warp more easily and won't last near as long.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Unless you do roadcourses and stuff often I wouldn't recommend slotted or cross-drilled rotors. The rotors will stay cooler and provide better braking but they'll warp more easily and won't last near as long.

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
The stainless lines are the shit! I have them on my 96 GT with 03 Cobra brakes. When you step on the brake pedal its like stepping on a brick. You get instant stopping force as soon as your foot hits the pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread