some opinions please.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
well guys i've got a few bucks put together and i can't decide what i want to do. i want to lower the truck to get rid of the 4x4 look so i've been checking out the belltech 3/4 kit. however, i really want to up the boost a little too so i've been checking on a 4lb pulley with a tuner, plugs, etc... i've only got the money to do one and it will most likely be a while before i can do anything else. i'm just curious what would you guys do?

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I went with power first too. Infact still am :D lol but what are your intentions? Track or DD with track every once in a while? The 4lb pully will be fun as hell around the streets and put a nice smile on your face. I am going to be doing suspension last but thats just me.

Edit: I just looked and you have a 99L... i would also look into a new MAF or MAFIA.

Last edited:

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
I went with power first too. Infact still am :D lol but what are your intentions? Track or DD with track every once in a while? The 4lb pully will be fun as hell around the streets and put a nice smile on your face. I am going to be doing suspension last but thats just me.

Edit: I just looked and you have a 99L... i would also look into a new MAF or MAFIA.

i already got a 90mm in the shop just waiting. thats what i keep going back to. the factory stance isn't bad like it is so i keep thinking that a little extra bump under the hood will be better served. also i will be going to the track prolly 3-4 times a year.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I always go for function before style, so I say performance mods first. I'm in this dilemma now too... I really want to lower my truck a little but yet another performance mod has come to mind. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever get around to a lowering kit, a Cervini's 3" cowl or chrome OEM wheels.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
yeah thats funny kinda sounds like me. it'll probably stay fairly stock looking and i'll put my money under the hood. but hey there is so much that can be done with these things. i just wish i had more mod money.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
well guys i just could'nt help it. i ordered the 4lb pulley kit today so hopefully soon i'll have a few extra hp to play with. i think next will be a dmp valve body and then a lowering kit. thanks for the replies guys.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
You can always level it with some drop shackles, around 54 bucks for the pair. Just to get you started. It's good to see you went with power first.
Function>Form!

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
You can always level it with some drop shackles, around 54 bucks for the pair. Just to get you started. It's good to see you went with power first.
Function>Form!

i guess the guy that owned it before must have already put shackles on cause it sits pretty level now. oh btw got my shipping notice from ups tonight. i hope i'll be under the hood saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread