Some Prayers for my Boss and some advice for me!

NastyNate420

Established Member
Well unforttunately my boss was involve d in an accident on the job on sat after I left work.
The short of it is he caught on fire and burned 40% of his body and is in critical and in and medically induced coma. I really feel bad ! He is a good guy friend wise. jus not a good business owner/boss. We will be induced for 2 weeks they say and in the hospital for a couple months.
Now heres to my problem. He owes me $2k in pay and the General contractor wants me to finish the job. he said he will make sure I get paid from this ime forward.....and give him my past hours and he will see what he can do about the back pay. The GC doesnt exactly give me the warm and fuzzy! My boss is married jus filed for divorce but I think she was some kinda say in the company. any advice? ?I was going to quit but need to finish my engine build before I did.

MFE

Established Member
Get it in writing or it didn't happen. The GC doesn't give ****-all about you getting paid. He cares about HIM getting paid, which requires the job be finished. Get it in writing or get some cash up front.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Get it in writing or it didn't happen. The GC doesn't give ****-all about you getting paid. He cares about HIM getting paid, which requires the job be finished. Get it in writing or get some cash up front.

This. My F-I-L was a GC and had a sign on his wall that read "Get it in writing"
He made that policy after getting screwed by the engineer firm a couple times after doing changes on verbals.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like there is a lot going on there and you are probably WAAAAAYYYY at the bottom of the list.

oldmodman

Established Member
Might want to do even more than getting it in writing.

Talk to an attorney and get it drawn up as a legal contract and have both the GC and your copies notarized.

And even that might not be enough.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Well I woke up at 330 am like usually and started driving to work and decided 20 min in to a 2 hour commute that I was going to go with you guys and my gut. I continue to the job some 110 miles one way talked to my remaining guys. I gave the GC my hours and told him Call me when he has check for me ! I told the rest of the guys that I would do the same. There were new potential electricians that came to look at the job and wanted to hire me. they liked my pipe runs. So thats a plus! Im going to take the rest of the week off and weigh my options. Thanx again guys!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You work for your boss, not the GC. Your boss' company is contracted by the GC for the work.

It sounds like either A) you need to get a contract from the GC to yourself in order for you to finish the scope of work at risk of pissing off your boss, or B) The GC should look into another company finishing the scope of work, if your company cannot fulfill their contract.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member

Boom

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
The GC will pay your company for the completion of the work. You're not contracted with them, why would they pay you? It's your own company's responsibility to pay your wages.

If you think the GC will be paying you directly for your hours while you finish then you need a contract with them yourself.

Last edited:

dynasty_v6

Established Member
You work for your boss, not the GC. Your boss' company is contracted by the GC for the work.

It sounds like either A) you need to get a contract from the GC to yourself in order for you to finish the scope of work at risk of pissing off your boss, or B) The GC should look into another company finishing the scope of work, if your company cannot fulfill their contract.
You deliver sound advice yet again. ..

Users who are viewing this thread