Someone Help Quick Plz...Coolant/Intercooler?

sykal

Banned
Hey guys,
I noticed my my intercooler reservoir is right at the fill level. is it okay to use coolant and just fill right from the reservoir?
I have 50/50 premixed, which would work fine (it gets pretty cold here in winters)

just wondering if i have to use any special intercooler fluid, or just regular coolant.

thanks,

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
They came with the gold color from the factory
I believe some came with the green if I am not mistaken. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Just refill with the same type of coolent that you have.

RussZTT

Established Member
They all came with Gold. There is actually a brand of antifreeze that is safe to mix with different colors now. I just put my new motor so everything was empty. I used that stuff but did 80 distilled water and 20 coolant in both.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
They all came with Gold. There is actually a brand of antifreeze that is safe to mix with different colors now. I just put my new motor so everything was empty. I used that stuff but did 80 distilled water and 20 coolant in both.

No they didn`t.The early 03`s came w/the green stuff,I have one.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Whatever color you drain out is what you should put back in.

50/50 is perfect for where you live.

RussZTT

Established Member
My bad. I have an 03 that came with Gold, owners manual says Gold. All Cobra's I have seen had Gold. Never seen green from factory. Guess there's a first somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread