Someone selling gt500 rides on ebay!

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
someone is actually selling 1/4 mile rides in their GT500 on ebay. I think they're charging $50 for 1/4 mile. They even have rules about how high you can take the rpm's. I hope someone takes it and beats the crap out of it. how friggin' lame.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
badsube said:
someone is actually selling 1/4 mile rides in their GT500 on ebay. I think they're charging $50 for 1/4 mile. They even have rules about how high you can take the rpm's. I hope someone takes it and beats the crap out of it. how friggin' lame.

I don't believe it. Where's the link?? I searched all over e-bay and couldn't find anything like this.

I can see someone giving rides for cash (in the passeneger seat) but I cannot see anyone letting someone else drive their car (especially in the 1/4 mile) for a measly 50 bucks.

Probably some schmuck in China or Africa trying to reel in a sucker or two!

That's ludicrious :pop:

chuckstang

Established Member
funny
I actually thought about this idea when I first heard about the car
no joke lol
I guess I just sorta wanted to get in somehow in the world of exotic car rentals or well sorta exotic :)

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
I don't believe it. Where's the link?? I searched all over e-bay and couldn't find anything like this.

I can see someone giving rides for cash (in the passeneger seat) but I cannot see anyone letting someone else drive their car (especially in the 1/4 mile) for a measly 50 bucks.

Probably some schmuck in China or Africa trying to reel in a sucker or two!

That's ludicrious :pop:
it looks like an ad for a GT500 for sale, but the title states the $50 for 1/4 mile ride. I saw it on there right before I posted this thread, maybe ebay pulled it.:pepper:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
badsube said:
it looks like an ad for a GT500 for sale, but the title states the $50 for 1/4 mile ride. I saw it on there right before I posted this thread, maybe ebay pulled it.:pepper:

NO SH*T I FOUND IT! ha ha ha ha,

This guy is nuts ... he'll probably run the hell out of it and then sell it later to some poor unsuspecting person hopefully with some BAD KARMA coming back at him!

here's the link and description....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Driv...60QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Vehicle Description

Thinking About Spending Between $50,000 & $75,0000???

Consider Spending $50 First!!!!

For A 1/4 Mile Test Drive In One Of The Worlds Newest, Yet Oldest Muscle Cars!!!!!

The 2007 Shelby GT500 Cobra

Call (214) 578 - 3109 Leave A Detailed Message And We Will Call You Back!!!!!!

Or email me at [email protected]

NO NEED TO BID ON THIS AUCTION, IT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.

PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER ABOVE OR EMAIL ME!!!!!

Have you spent $50,$75,$100 or more on a bungee jump or other carnival type rides? Are you considering purchasing a new Shelby GT500 Cobra but the dealership won't let you take it for a test drive? Well then come take the ride of your life for only $50!!!!!

Do you live in or near the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex? Then take a drive up to McKinney, Texas and drive the car in the pictures below. The cost is $50 to run a 1/4 mile trip down our airport runway.

We provide the helmet and the Shelby!!!!

The Rush is free of charge.....

THE RULES!!!

The maximum RPM's per gear are 6000, redline is at 6500.

TCS (Traction Control System) WILL be on! Burn-outs and new sets of tires cost extra.....

We accept paypal,cash at time of appointment, and credit cards (VISA,MC,AMEX,DISCOVER). NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!! If paying by credit card, payment is required at least 72 hours before your scheduled test drive. You can pay by phone and soon we will be accepting payments at www.DriveMyShelby.com.

Drivers must have current proof of insurance at the time of test drive and current valid drivers licensce, and will be asked to sign our waiver. The waiver releases us of all responsibility if you are injured.

You must read and accept our TERMS OF AGREEMENT before driving my Shelby. This will be provided for you to sign at the time of your appointment. Soon you will be able to view this document ahead of time by visiting www.DriveMyShelby.com.

Only 1 driver per 1/4 mile run allowed and driver will be accompanied by one of our professional drivers. ( Our professional driver is only along for the ride and will not say anything, they are simply there to answer any questions that may arise).

After your appointmet is set and payment arrangements have been made or discussed we will email you detailed driving directions to our private runway.

Are You In?

Then Call (214) 578-3109 to set up your driving date and time....

Coming soon www.DriveMyShelby.com. This site will be an informative site only for contact info via email, for questions, test drive appointment settings, directions, additional photo's etc.

Test drives are available 7 days a week from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Remember: If paying by credit card, payment is required at least 72 hours before your scheduled test drive. If cancellation occurs due to weather or other circumstances you will be fully reimbursed.

Check Out The Actual Car Below And Then Call Today To Set Up Your Appointment.

(214) 578 3109

email = [email protected]

Coming Soon

www.DriveMyShelby.com

www.DriveMyZ06.com

www.DriveMy911.com

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
I guess its not to bad of a price, here in El Paso we have a shity Amusment park and it cost about $20 to get in. Trust me there fastes rollercoster cant even reach 50mph.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Its a company that is doing it. Its not its some dudes car. No harm done. Pretty cool actually

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
Its a company that is doing it. Its not its some dudes car. No harm done. Pretty cool actually

Yea, I thought it was a great price BUT how many runs can they make before needing some expensive repairs and how much money will they actually be making at (50 bucks a pop) after oil changes, tires, clutch, etc...

10 runs = 500.00 gross profit / 100 runs = 5,000.00 gross profit / 1200 runs to pay for the car if they got it for 60,000.00 not including overhead, repairs and expenses.. PRETTY CHEAP!

I bet they sell the car before they get a couple hundred runs on it and just buy another one... watch for this car for sale on e-bay before too long (way above MSRP no doubt).

chuckstang

Established Member
Wow I am shocked
This was my idea hahaha
I like it :)
and this car was on ebay for sale but I guess they didnt get what the wanted so they decided to try this!!!
very interesting

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
=/, 50 $$ just to tesy drive it =/. I guess it aint bad, but personally if i had the car or some company was doing it, i still wouldent trust some else to drive it for 50 $$

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03SBSVT said:
why pay 50 dollars when you can do it for free at your local ford dealer? :lol1: :thumbsup: "Break-in miles" :rockon:

I don't think you're going to be getting a test drive in a GT500 for at least a year!?:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread