Someone was sleeping when they put this together!

J15BIG

Established Member
pass.jpg

driver.jpg

How could you not notice that when putting the bumper on? :dw:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I guess noticing and caring are two different things.... :nonono:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
That looks like the alignment tabs that slide under the headlights.

Must've been Friday around 4:59:50 pm when they put it on.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Mine was the same way. We've found lots of little screwed up things with this car, like the caps that come on new injectors...found two of them under the intercooler when the blower was swapped. :shrug:

blown03svt

Established Member
racerat said:
Mine was the same way. We've found lots of little screwed up things with this car, like the caps that come on new injectors...found two of them under the intercooler when the blower was swapped. :shrug:

FORD QUALITY JOB 1 :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What surprised me was hearing how Consumer Reports rated the 2004 Mustang. Makes me think the '03/'04 Cobra was built in another country. LOL!

Seriously, and not to hijack this thread, but would the '04 Cobra even actually be included with the '04 Mustang as a rated class?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
What surprised me was hearing how Consumer Reports rated the 2004 Mustang. Makes me think the '03/'04 Cobra was built in another country. LOL!

Seriously, and not to hijack this thread, but would the '04 Cobra even actually be included with the '04 Mustang as a rated class?

I would think so Bob. But since there were only about 5000 of them built, they aren't a drop in the bucket to total Mustang production...with the vast majority of them being V6's. Forget the fact that we're working with a 25 year old platform, I think what this shows is the more you pump up the horsepower, the more problems you incur.

By the way, I heard on the news this morning that the new Mustang is in the top 5 of best cars to buy this year. Pretty darn good for a brand new model!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Must've been Friday around 4:59:50 pm when they put it on.

yeah no kidding!!!

"Hey Bob...this bumper isn't on right."

"So what it's Friday, we're off.....anyway once the headlight is one nobody will even notice!"

:nonono:

J15BIG

Established Member
2L8IWON said:
I guess that I am missing the point, what is wrong?

On the first picture, all 3 tabs are under the panel I guess you could call it. But on the second pic, the middle tab is sticking up over the panel. It should be under it like the first pic. Its not really that big of a deal, but its something that could have easily been fixed while they were putting the car together.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
I got under my 04 with 500mi this winter for headers and luckily I wasn't driving it in the slush and rain because two of the body pucks that seal openings through the body pan were missing, guess they ran out but the thing that really pissed me off is that they covered the 3inch holes with black duct tape and if one of the coverup jobs hadn't started coming off it would have been really hard to spot. I looked up and poked my finger through and felt the carpet and about the same time turned all red and the shop owner asked me if I was OK because I think if a had one of my guns and there was a Ford employee nearby there would have been a shooting. So I then went to the local dealer and they wouldn't even give me the missing pucks without me driving it to them in the winter and wasting 2 hours of my time and they wonder why they are on a sinking ship?

04_snake

Ford's New Motto is "Void Is Job One"

J15BIG

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Thats what i said at first... Its just a tab, you can slide it under

in order to slide the tab under, i would have to take the whole bumper off.

Users who are viewing this thread