Sonoma Historics at Infineon Raceway

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I FREAKING LOVE THOSE MINILITE WHEELS!!
Minilite Wheels USA Distribution <-- They should make these in 18x10 to clear a 14" Brembo on an S197 BOSS!!!

And HOLY CRAP! A Tiger coupe??? I have seen a lot of cool sports cars and vintage racers and that's the first time seeing one of those!

Awesome thread!:rockon::beer:

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
r22qeu.jpg

The McLaren M8 CanAm car would be my pick to drive out of that stable; most of these cars have 740hp
aluminum big block Chevy motors and they weigh apx. 1850lbs. w/o driver, absolutely bad ass :rockon:

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I FREAKING LOVE THOSE MINILITE WHEELS!!
Minilite Wheels USA Distribution <-- They should make these in 18x10 to clear a 14" Brembo on an S197 BOSS!!!

And HOLY CRAP! A Tiger coupe??? I have seen a lot of cool sports cars and vintage racers and that's the first time seeing one of those!

Awesome thread!:rockon::beer:

Hey Jimmy... you will love the wheels I'm putting on my "new to me" 1970 Mach 1. They are 17X8 front, and 17X9 rear, Mini Lights from Vintage Wheel Works. They are called Vintage 48 wheels. I'll be running 255/40 fronts, and 285/40 rears.

Vintage Wheel Works

Here are a few more shots too....

2rdcimv.jpg

2zrnkty.jpg

15chqq8.jpg

9pn7eb.jpg

11h6uyc.jpg

jh6d89.jpg

McLaren's new MP4-12C. I don't think this car is even out yet, but I could be wrong.
sqtxdh.jpg

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
They made 3 Le Mans Tigers (hardtops) for racing--so a rare site.

nzggzm.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's probably a Ford DOHC Indy Racing Engine, engineered in 1964. This car was built in 1967.....

sgo9km.jpg

2q07w37.jpg

rw6z42.jpg

I give up!
I can't find any Ford V8 engine with the distributor at the rear except the old Y blocks and there is no way one of those ever made it's way into a Can-Am car! LOL!
1956ford292.jpg

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/How_to_identify_a_Ford_V8

The version with valley side exhaust exit ... no.
quadcam3.jpg

I found this: CANAM 1967: ROUND #1

This 67 Ford powered Can-Am push rod engine has the distributor in the front.
67_Holman_Moody_Ford_Honker_II_DV-06_07.jpg

67_Holman_Moody_Ford_Honker_II_DV-06_0Eng-01.jpg

You would not believe the wild stuff you turn up when you search for 1967 Ford Can-Am engine.
The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board > Alan Mann open-sports Ford Can-Am barn find
McLaren cars by model number
CANAM 1969 - Pics of all cars - Statistics
Swede Savage! Swede Savage - Pre-1970 Stats & Facts
Holman Moody GT Gallery

1967 Ford Cosworth DFV distributor on it's side in the valley.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've had the pleasure of racing on that track a couple of times after every deployment in a shifter kart, it never gets old!

Just wish they brought back ALMS!!!

Nice pics btw OP, and I too always enjoyed your Cobra R videos.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
It's definitely hard to find too much info on it so far, Jimmy. But, here is a Ford race motor in another Lola... with the distributor in the rear (or it's the same Cosworth style you posted). Maybe the #21 Lola just has a different drive gear to relocate the distributor. It's possible on that particular chassis it need to be modified due to clearance issues. ??

2a91i0w.jpg

I posted the pics, and question on Club Cobra. There are some VERY knowledgable vintage Ford guys over there who may know the answer.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/111044-engine-id-help.html#post1133506

Nice pics btw OP, and I too always enjoyed your Cobra R videos.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's definitely hard to find too much info on it so far, Jimmy. But, here is a Ford race motor in another Lola... with the distributor in the rear (or it's the same Cosworth style you posted). Maybe the #21 Lola just has a different drive gear to relocate the distributor. It's possible on that particular chassis it need to be modified due to clearance issues. ??

2a91i0w.jpg

I posted the pics, and question on Club Cobra. There are some VERY knowledgable vintage Ford guys over there who may know the answer.

Engine ID help.. ?? - Club Cobra

Thanks!!!

I was fun looking but yeah, pretty tough finding that distributor config in a Ford V8 engine.

I'm pretty sure that one above is another Cosworth DFV with the horizontal valley distributor.

It is possible a special drive may have had to be been made up since I believe that chassis did use small block Chevys in most of the cars I saw AND Ford power also at different periods of time.

prs97

Established Member
Awesome!

I wish they had racing like that in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread