Sonoma Historics at Infineon Raceway

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I spent the last few days in NORCAL helping my buddy, Cobrakidz, work on his car. We then hit up some cool local cars, and spent yesterday at Infineon Raceway for the Historic Races. Here are some of the many pics I took over the last few days.

First, we went to a couple local guy's houses to see some rare big block Mach 1 Mustangs. This first car is an unrestored 1970 Mustang Mach 1 with a 428 SCJ, 4 speed, and a 9". The guy has owned it since 1972. It's a true time capsule of American muscle!!

2zxrrwm.jpg

The mighty 428 Super Cobra Jet.....
1ny83l.jpg

And, another guy's 1969 Mach 1 with a 428 CJ, 4 speed, and 9". This car was fully restored about 15 years ago, and is in BEAUTIFUL like new condition.

5v67w3.jpg

It's 428 Cobra Jet....
33kbvxv.jpg

w18qa.jpg

Here are some pics from the Historic Races at Infineon Raceway. All the cars have vintage race history. Sadly, it was raining nearly all day. So, no cars were really out on track. But, it was a n AWESOME chance to see the cars up close, and to speak with the owners.

Some Trans Am cars in the garage, staying out of the rain....

Got some great ideas from this badass car for my new ride....

Nice pair of team cars....

Another sweet '70 Boss 302 Trans Am racer....

2d0yp7n.jpg

23kbym9.jpg

21ja97c.jpg

29ap5l1.jpg

p0lz5.jpg

2it4da9.jpg

126epug.jpg

I love this decal! LOL
nn5clg.jpg

r22qeu.jpg

9arcoy.jpg

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Cobrakidz and I brought both our '03 Cobras. Being members of the NORCAL Shelby Club we got to park on the edge of the pits, and ended up next to this great Boss 302LS....

212tu37.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's nice to see Ken Epsman's Javlin there too. I thought he got rid of it.. and the Challenger too. I'm suprised no one with a Parnelli Jones/ George Follmer car showed up.. hmm.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
It's nice to see Ken Epsman's Javlin there too. I thought he got rid of it.. and the Challenger too. I'm suprised no one with a Parnelli Jones/ George Follmer car showed up.. hmm.

They were/are there. But, due to the rain, and the lack of space in the garages, some cars were in their transport rigs all day.

We spoke to Epsman a bit too. Really nice guy, and some amazing cars.

Cobrakidz is at the track again today. He just text me and said there are more cars out today. Good chance the cars will be on track today too. I'm sure he will post up more pics soon.

We thought this was cool too. This in on the display board for Epsman's Javelin. Amazing what they did back in the day to get every advantage they could out of these cars...

245njx3.jpg

71461h.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea Epsman is a great guy, and probably the fastest driver I've ever seen out there. He and Mcgee Motorsports work hand in hand and he has all the track time in the world at that track.. literally its just stupid.. He runs around with the Miata guys too and it's so funny to watch him just play cat and mouse with those guys. Back in 93 he bought my dads Parnelli Jones Trans-am off him, it's now owned by Mike Mozzata. He's a really nice though.. He pretty much owns the deeds to Infineon, thunderhill, and Leguna lol..

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Here are a few more from today.....

Trans am cars....
vsc07l.jpg

I love my Fords but this Challenger is hard to beat..
n17b7a.jpg

2 Tigers and a Vette.
10yorp3.jpg

Shelby's.
xelsab.jpg

1911 National, raced in the 1st Indy 500--finished 7th.
29za9h3.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have been going since 1993 and I think this is the 1st time it has rained.........

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking these cars brings back a lot of fond memories of Trans Am racing. Thanks for posting them for us to enjoy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread