Soo... the truck is back once again!

cthunder

Established Member
I didn't want to steal anyone else's thunder about having their turbo trucks back... so here we go! It's a Borg Warner S400 80mm turbo that literally pins you back in the seat! It was completely built in house by my shop.

Onto the #'s... Before everyone jumps all over the #'s, keep in mind that this turbo can spin till 55psi, and 11 and 15 psi the turbo is laughing at. It is fully spooled by 2500 rpmWe dyno'ed it on 11 psi (just the wastegate) and it made 440ish to the wheels... we then turned it up to 15 psi and it hit 590. Yes, you read that right, 150 hp off of 4 psi! We're going to dyno it at 17, 20 and 23 psi (as much as we can with meth and pump gas), but we're waiting on some brakes for the drums on the dyno (apparently, I burned them out a bit!). But here are some pics and with some #'s to continue!
DSC01805.gif

DSC01806.gif

DSC01807.gif

DSC01804.gif

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Holy shit!!! I think your truck have a really BIG punch if you go pedal to the metal!!! I will pray for your rear tires ;-) !!

Greetings from Germany

Chris

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Nice.....another snail among us. Nice numbers and a good looking install.

Rich

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
OH YEAH!!!! You need to re-title your thread my friend cause I had no
clue until the pics.started loading and then I went into convulsions!!!

Nice project!!! Will need vids.and updates for sure:pop:

Taunto

Established Member
thats insane set up.. looks nice n clean as well.150hp off of 4psi sounds about right... for every pound of boost u gain... thats a 7% increase in horsepower, and every 10 degrees u can cool the air going into the engine is another 1 pound of boost. so at 4psi more thats a 28% increase in horsepower..(at minimum)

so at around 440hp addding 28% increase in power is about 563hp. so this is a ruff guess... but thats insane man....We want vids and then track vids lol

Keep up the good work.... Oh and man ur hard on things hey... burning out the brakes on the dyno.... GEEZE lol...

cthunder

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I've waited about 4 months for this to finally come to fruition, and it's finally parked back in my garage.

Squirrelracing, you've got a PM bro... I don't want to break any forum rules.

Cocoloco, sorry for the surprise bro!

Taunto, the gains should be more significant after about 20 psi, I did some math (my brain was fried from doing about 30 minutes of calculations and formulas). I should be deep in the efficiency island of the compressor map. If I get ahold of some 110, I think I can max out the dyno. :)

Taunto

Established Member
i hear about formulas man.. thats insane if u get that thing over 20 psi...

The engine might hold up... but will the tranny? lol

Users who are viewing this thread